Survival - New vs Old - Chapter 61

Please remember to reload/update the chapter a few times to receive the latest updated version! Enjoy!

Warning: This chapter contains R-Rated scenes (Not Smut though)

---------------------

Sora's POV

I stood nervously staring out the mansion's window with my arms wrapped around myself as the guards carried out Hwa-young's casket. Now she's dead. What about me? What's next? What am I supposed to do? I cry when people I cherish pass away... and I feel dreadful when people like Hwa-young die... why? Because I realized the society found me again... death is always lurking around the corner.

''Sora,'' Hoseok called, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. I blinked and turned to find him standing by the kid's room, so I made my way towards him and entered. The doctor was checking on the twins, who were still unconscious. I glance at the bandage around Woojin's head and the cast around Kanghoon's right arm.

''The kids might wake up with traumas, but there's a solution,'' Hoseok exhales as the doctor nervously looks up at me. I glanced at the tray of injection needles and was suddenly reminded of my own past. My parents... erasing my memories after we were attacked at the mansion.

''You want to clear out their memories?'' Jimin asks sullenly, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. I gulp and glance at the kids in silence... I never understood why my mother did what she did to me. Why she kept all the painful truth away and lied to me... but I do now. I was young, and it was the only way to protect my innocent soul from being devoured by the cruel world.

''No. Don't do it,'' I whispered, shaking my head. I've understood my mother's good intention to protect me, but I can't bring myself to do the same to my kids. Memory loss is short-term... in the long run... they will uncover the harsh truth... and it will cause even more pain. All this chaos happened because I was overwhelmed by the scattered memories. Always questioning my sanity because I thought I was going mad the more I pieced the puzzle pieces together. It wasn't scary at first- not until most of the puzzles fit in, then I took a step back to study the complete picture as a whole... I couldn't bear it. The truth I put together terrified me... it was dark... depressing... and I couldn't accept the corrupted truth of my past. So I was angry... I was upset with my parents for putting me through hell and then drained my mind empty just to save themselves. So I did reckless things to get back at them... I thought revenge was the answer... but I was wrong.

''Are you sure? Once they wake up-''

''Leave them alone,'' I whispered. Hoseok and Jimin exchanged troubled expressions as I walked out of the room with my arms crossed. I walked down the staircase to find Jungkook resting on the armchair with his legs crossed... I avert my eyes to Taehyung. He was standing at the base of the stair with a hardened expression.

''I have everything now,'' Jungkook exhales sternly... clasping his hands together.

''Why are you doing this?'' I question just as Namjoon walks into the room with Yoongi.

''You needed power, so I got it for you,'' Jungkook replied sharply. I glanced at Taehyung, who was sullenly standing with a weary expression. Namjoon examined the tension between us, so he walked over to Taehyung and nudged him out of the living room. Taehyung gulps uneasily as the two alphas escort him away, leaving me alone with... Jeon Jungkook.

''Wae? Why the complications?'' I swallowed, turning to look at Jungkook.

''You said you'll choose power over love. I was your love before and he was your power, so you chose him. But from this moment onward... I am the power,'' Jungkook exhales, getting onto his feet as I glance at his funeral attire. It was getting dark... he's going to attend Hwa-young's funeral.