Survival - Curiosity - Chapter 20.3

Revised Version 

I rushed toward Jimin and pulled him into a tight hug when I couldn't dismiss the painful ache in my chest any longer. Jimin wrapped one of his arms around my back and tugged my head into his upper chest. I sobbed in distress when he let out a shaky breath. Softly, he ran his fingers through my hair. He can't be taken away from me. I need him. Our hugs usually make us feel at peace, but this one... is cold and terrifying. I'm afraid the moment I let him go- I won't be able to hold him ever again.

Ah... my heart aches ... we stayed in that position for a while before breaking apart.

Jimin and I remained silent the entire night and for the next two days. We stayed by each other's side for 24 hours straight, but we didn't talk much. We held hands, cuddled, and slept in each other's arms. I spent most of the day planning my next move. Whatever it takes, I'll do it, but the most challenging part is that I have to make sure Yoongi won't be harmed.

"I'm at the university to finish some work," I tapped my finger softly against the table.

"Do you want me to come over?" Jimin asks through the line. I slowly stared at the person sitting across from me.

"Aniyah, I'm fine. I'll be home," I shook my head slowly... keeping my eyes on the person.

"Araso, call me when you leave the university," Jimin chuckled.

"I will. Take care," I finally hung up on Jimin before placing my phone on the table.

"Do you want champagne?" Yoongi asked while staring at me from the opposite side of the table.

"I'll have a cocktail," I smiled at him.

"Do you think he'll believe you? He might show up at the university," Yoongi chuckled, waving his hands at the waiter.

"He won't. I know him," I smiled while staring right at Yoongi without blinking.

"You haven't changed at all, Jang Sora," Yoongi smiled, leaning forward with a keen smile.

"Nothing has changed," I smirked, tracing my fingers over the glass. All the things I've been through only made me stronger and I plan on expanding my power. I've learned that transparency will get me killed in this society. I'll have to go down the small, narrow, muddy path to protect the ones I love and to avoid getting caught.

"I wonder how they'll react knowing the truth," Yoongi chuckles lowly, slowly placing his long pale fingers onto mine. I sat staring at our hands in silence.

"You seem better now," I nodded, pulling my hand away from his. Three days ago... he was a mess. Now he's back to normal with the dark persona.

"You think? They dress me up well, the stylist and makeup artist," Yoongi shook his head at me. Oh... right.

"Yoongi, all of the other alphas know you're doing drugs. They're waiting for you to fall. I don't want it to happen-"

"And why are you helping me? You know the consequences of me being alive right? Jimin won't survive unless I die. So why? Why are you siding with me? Do you wish to return to me?" Yoongi asked, tilting his head at me with a sly smirk. I stared at him unsurely. What should I say?

"I'll use the restroom for a bit," I got onto my feet before walking off. I quickly leaned against the sink. Yoongi is confusing me. He seems fine... how is that possible? I didn't expect him to change this quickly? What is he up to? Is this a trap? I stared at my reflection with an anxious expression before heading back inside. To my surprise, Yoongi was holding onto my phone.