Survival - So Far Away - Chapter 8.4

Revised Version 

"What?" Jimin snapped at Jungkook, who was laughing so hard he tripped over the couch.

"ARGHH!" Jungkook screamed as he fell backward, over the couch with a loud thud.

"Pabo..." Taehyung rolled his eyes at Jungkook's stupidity and turned toward us.

"Ouch," Jungkook groans after pulling himself back onto his feet. Karma.

"Both of you have dust all over your faces. Go and wash your face," Taehyung sat down on the couch with a disapproving look.

"Kaja..." Jimin helped me onto my feet and we made our way to the bathroom.

"Holy shit!" Jimin gasped in shock when he saw himself in the mirror... covered in dust. I started chuckling as I stared at our reflection. The only thing I can see was my eyeballs and teeth.

"Why are you laughing?" Jimin asks, turning on the water.

"We look like idiots," I chuckled, turning to look at him.

"I guess so," Jimin smiles, bending down to rinse his face.

"Oh! You scared me!" Jungkook shrieked, backing away against the wall when he passed by the bathroom with his eyes wide open.

"Very funny," I snarled at him.

"Wash your face," Jimin smiled, moving away from the sink to dry his face with the towel. I quickly splashed the warm water against my face and rinsed it with the cleanser.

"Come here," Jimin insisted, turning me around to face him and gently dabbed the towel against my face.

"Thanks," I mumbled, slowly opening my eyes to find Jimin's soaking wet bangs.

"Your hair is wet," I smiled, taking the towel from him to ruffle his wet hair. He didn't say anything but stared at me in silence. Slowly, he reached out to touch my hand... making me freeze in place. My heart skipped a beat.

"Are you guys done? Why are you so quiet?" Taehyung questioned, appearing by the door with a suspicious look.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're done," Jimin nodded, instantly letting go of my hand and strolled past Taehyung.

"I'll tell Yoongi about the heater," I smiled weakly at Taehyung.

"Your face is still soaked," Taehyung sighed, taking the towel from my hand to dab away the remaining water on my face.

"What's going on?" I questioned his dull expression.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung briefly glanced at me.

"You're good with the blank expression," I took the towel from his hand. He made eye contact with me before letting out a heavy sigh.

"Come on," He muttered, walking away from me. I followed him out onto the balcony. I quietly stared at the city lights as the cold air brushed against my cheeks.

"Someone is orchestrating something big and I can't figure it out," Taehyung leaned against the balcony railing with an uptight expression.

"You mean the one responsible for the murder?" I asked, turning to look at him as the chilly wind brushes his hair backward.

"Yeah, it's an alpha. I'm sure of that," Taehyung turned to look at me with an anxious expression.

"How are you so sure?" I asked him unsurely.

"Only the alphas know about each other. Inside information has been leaked. That's how the person broke into the mansion," Taehyung sighed.

"Do you know who?" I asked, softly tapping the railing.