Survival - Intruder - Chapter 8

Please vote and comment! Thanks for reading!

------------------------------------

Revised Version

Thud thud.

I groggily turned on the couch to scan the dark room. Maybe I was just dreaming? Was I imagining the sound??? Shaking my head, I closed my eyes again. Thud Thud. Click click.

"What the..." I muttered, tilting my head towards the door from the couch. Am I dreaming? Taehyung and Jimin were still asleep on the bed. Jimin was definitely asleep because he was snoring loudly. I turned to find Jungkook staring at the door in confusion as well. He's awake? He must've heard it too.

"Did you hear it?" He mouthed me quietly as he stared at the door and lifted his head off the couch.

"Yeah, I did. I thought I was dreaming," I whispered, glancing at the door. Maybe it's the maids? But they're usually asleep at this hour too. Jungkook and I slowly sat up on the couch and exchanged uneasy glances before turning back to stare at the door.

"It's quiet now," Jungkook slowly got off the couch.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he walked towards the door.

"I'm going to check," Jungkook nodded with a suspicious look. I bit my lips as I watched him approach the door.

"Don't do it," I whispered, sitting up nervously. What if there's a murderer out there?

"Shh... it's fine," He cautiously pressed his ear against the door. I glanced at Taehyung and Jimin nervously, got onto my feet and tiptoed towards Jungkook.

"Yah! Hajima!" I snapped quietly, tugging him from the door. If there's an intruder- We're definitely safer behind the doors!

"It's fine!" Jungkook argued, cautiously putting his hand on the door handle. Jungkook was intensely pressing his body against the door as he slowly turned the handle, so I sucked in my breath and stood in silence.

"I don't think this is a good idea," I bit my lower lip anxiously. I don't want to get murdered.

"Be quiet- BANG. BANG. ARGHHHH" Jungkook yelped in shock when something suddenly slams against the door. He jumped back in panic and grabbed my arm in shock when the force collided with the door.

"WHAT THE HELL," I gasped while staring at the door. It thumped violently from the other side of the door- it sounded as if someone was pounding on the wall with a heavy object. Someone is trying to break into the room.

"No way. How di-did they get in here?!" Jungkook whispered, pulling me away from the door as we stood staring at the door in terror.

"What's going on??" Taehyung approached us in the dark, making me jump in fright. Fuck, he scared me.

"Someone's trying to break in," Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung in horror. BANG BANG. Taehyung frowned at the door, then turned to look at me.

"What? How did they get into the mansion?" Taehyung asked, averting his eyes back to the door. BANG BANG.

"Krrrooooook~ phew~ Krooooook~ pheeew~" Jimin's snores grew louder from the bed.

"This dumb pig!" Taehyung groaned, rushing to wake Jimin, who was still fast asleep. BANG BANG. Jimin is a heavy sleeper...

"They can't break inside," Jungkook stared at the door nervously. I hope not. I gulped and turned to stare at the rattling door handle in fear.