Gracie Has to Say Grace

Bucky enters the kitchen to see a blond woman cooking at the stove. She's young, probably still in her early thirties.

She sees Steve enter the kitchen and a wide smile spreads across her face.

"Hey mom, I hope you don't mind. I invited a friend to dinner," Steve says.

Sarah looks behind Steve and finds a tall boy standing behind him.

She is surprised because Steve has never brought a friend home before. Lizzie hasn't really brought anyone home either.

She has tried so hard to be both a mother and father to her children but she always worried about them not having any friends. Even the best mother couldn't make friends for their child.

She is incredibly blessed to have two amazing children. Every parent thinks their kid is special but Steve and Lizzie truly are once in a life time people.

She would worry more about their lack of friends if they weren't so close to each other.

The twins have always been there for each other. Part of her worries that they are missing out on having friends because they are so content being each other's best friend.

She already loves this new boy for seeing the amazing person her son is despite his size. She does slightly worry about how Lizzie will take sharing Steve. Maybe this will push her to find some girl friends of her own.

"Well who is this?" Sarah asks.

Bucky puts out his hand for Sarah to shake.

"My name is James Barnes ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Rogers," Bucky says politely.

Sarah wipes her hands on the dish towel then shakes his hand.

"It's great to meet you James and please, call me Sarah," she says with a smile.

She then looks over at Steve. She can see he has dirt on his hands and back. She knows he thinks she doesn't know about the bullying but he's not as sneaky with his injuries as he thinks he is. She has seen Lizzie secretly patching him up in the bathroom one to many times. Plus he is a terrible liar. It seems like today he spent some time on the ground but he doesn't seem injured luckily.

"Please go wash up and get your sister. Has she met James yet?" She asks.

"We met briefly," Bucky says.

She can tell there's a longer story to that statement but she chooses to leave it be for now.

"Well James, would you mind helping me set the table? I'd like to get to know you better," she asks.

"Certainly ma'am," he responds with a charming smile.

Sarah can already tell he will be a little heartbreaker in a few years.

Steve leaves the kitchen to head to the bathroom to wash up. When he's done, he heads to Lizzie's room. Well, kinda Lizzie's room. They couldn't afford a three bedroom apartment so Lizzie and Steve still shared a room. They put a curtain down the center so they each had there own space and privacy. The door frame was divided by the curtain. The left side of the doorframe led to Lizzie's room while the right led to Steve's.

He knocked on the wood so she knew he was there.

"Liz, it's time for dinner," Steve says.

Liz doesn't turn towards him. She's focused on her sketch book. One thing that the twins shared was their love of art.

"Is he still here?" Lizzie groans.

"Yes Lizzie he is. I don't know why you're so against him. I know you were embarrassed that you read the situation wrong but he's actually a really good guy," Steve says.