Everyone Sleeps In On Holidays

Bucky knew that this Christmas could very well be the last one he shares with Lizzie. He wants to make this one, one that she will always remember. In the years to come, he wants her to have as many amazing memories of their time together as he can.

He also wants as many memories of her that he can hold close to his heart through whatever may happen to him.

Bucky and Lizzie spent Thanksgiving with the Barnes' but they wanted to spend Christmas with just each other. Steve was coming over Christmas Eve but they were spending Christmas alone.

Lizzie was still mad about Steve trying to enlist but if this was her last Christmas was him, she didn't want to ruin it with arguing. Steve said what he needs to say and so did Lizzie.

She will still do everything she can to stop him though. She would threaten to follow him into the army to get him to stop if she didn't already use that deal on Bucky.

Bucky was right when he said that the Rogers were stubborn. Lizzie was just holding out that no doctor would let him in. Lizzie went to every recruiting office in New York and made sure that they had a record of his asthma and health conditions on file. She wasn't letting him go without a fight.

Bucky tried to talk Steve out of it as well but he knew if Lizzie couldn't talk him out of it then no one could.

Bucky wakes up fairly early on Christmas Eve but doesn't go back to sleep. Instead he watches Lizzie.

She's laying on her stomach and her face is towards him. The sheet lays low on her body so he is able to see the flawless skin on her back.

He moves some of her hair out of her face so he can see her features. With the slight sunlight coming through the window, she has an ethereal type of glow to her and she looks like she could be a sleeping angel.

He will miss these quiet mornings when it seems as if they are the only two people in the world.

As he looks at her, he realizes how much he loves her. He knows he will fight tooth and nail to get back to her.

He still wants to marry her, have kids with her, grow old with her.

He wants so many things with her.

He can have all those things if he just survives.

Laying in bed he makes a vow to himself. He will find his way home to her, no matter what it takes. He knows that he may not be able to keep this vow but he will do his damndest to do so.

As he is gazing at her, she begins to stir.

He gently strokes her back as she comes out of her stupor.

"Good morning, doll," he whispers lovingly.

She can hear the strong emotion in his voice and wonders what could be on his mind so early in the morning.

"Good morning, Jamie," she whispers back.

He leans forward and gives her the sweetest and tenderest kiss she thinks he's ever given her.

"Have you been up long?" She whispers against his lips.

"Not long," he whispers back.

The way he is looking at her is like she is the most precious thing in the world and she doesn't know what's going through his mind.

"What?" She asks.

"Nothing, I just love you is all," he says.

"I just love you too," she says.

He just kisses her again and rests his forehead against hers.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lizzie asks.