You're My Greatest Adventure

When Peggy and Steve return, they announce their intention to marry when they get back to New York.

Peggy, forever the realist, presents one problem that none of them thought about.

"How do you plan on marrying if James Barnes is dead?" She asks.

They all go silent because the answer is they can't. Legally, they can't get married because one of them isn't supposed to exist.

Bucky realizes that it really doesn't matter if it's  legal. He wants to marry her, so he's going to marry her.

"I don't need a piece of paper to make you my wife. All I need is you three and an officiant who won't ask too many questions," he says.

Lizzie couldn't agree more. They were never a conventional couple so why should their wedding be any different?

"The three people I love most in the world is all I need to make this marriage official," Lizzie confirms.

Once the sun has set, they decide to get back on the road. They had original planned on staying at a hotel but they just wanted to get home. They all enjoyed the trip but Brooklyn was their home.

Bucky noticed that Lizzie had been sketching on the same page for multiple hours.

"What are you drawing?" Bucky asks.

She pulls her sketchbook closer to her and tilts it up so he can't see.

"Nothing," Lizzie says quickly.

She's never been secretive about her drawings. Bucky doesn't think that there's ever been a time where he asks to see what she's drawing and she turns him down.

She realizes that she might have been too harsh but she doesn't want him to see yet.

"I promise I'll show you when it's done. I just want to finish it first," she says.

It seems like before they know it, they are crossing back across The Brooklyn Bridge.

"So, how was your first time out of New York?" Steve asks Lizzie.

"It was beautiful. There's so much out there I haven't seen and I was happy I got to see a small piece of it. However, I think I want to stay at home for awhile. I'd like to see more someday but I think that I have more than enough adventure at home with my super secret spy best friend and my time traveling, super hero brother and fiancé," Lizzie says.

"You're my greatest adventure," Bucky says to her.

When they get home, they quickly get out of the car. It was horrible being trapped in a tiny box with four people for days of driving. They decide to just leave their stuff in the car and get it later.

They walk in the door and the girls go to walk upstairs but Bucky and Steve shove them behind them.

"What's going,"

Bucky cuts her off by putting his hand over her mouth. He leans down and lowers his mouth to her ear.

"Someone is in the house," Bucky whispers.

Peggy quietly goes to the table beside the door and pulls out two guns from under the table. She keeps one and decides to give the other to Bucky. She remembered that Steve preferred not to use guns unless he had to.

It's been awhile since Bucky used a gun like this. He was used to rifles that were more modern but he identifies the components quickly. He releases the magazine and quickly counts the bullets.

"You keep guns in the house?" Lizzie whispers angrily.

Bucky shoots her a quick look because now wasn't the time.