Sounds Like A Plan, Doll

Bucky couldn't help but feel that it was some strange omen that it would rain on their first date. Especially since everything he had planned took place outside.

Lizzie didn't seem to recognize that their evening was ruined.

"We may have to run to your car so we don't get soaked," she says.

"We can't go," Bucky says sadly.

Lizzie looks back and sees that Bucky has a sad look on his face.

"What? Why not? Because of a little rain?" Lizzie asks.

"I was going to take you to a street fair. They were going to be showing off some art work, there was going to be performances and food stands but it will all be canceled now," Bucky says.

"You want to cancel the whole date because of that?" Lizzie asks.

"I just wanted our first date to be perfect. Nothing else has been ideal but I wanted that to be perfect," Bucky says.

Lizzie walks over to Bucky and throws her arms around his neck.

"It is going to be perfect, you know why? Because it's you and me. I don't care if things aren't ideal because were together and that's what matters," Lizzie says.

Bucky smiles down at her. She knows just what to say to make everything okay.

She doesn't want perfect, she just wants him.

"Now, here's what we're going to do. We are going to run to your car because I don't feel like being wet all evening. Then we are going to pick up the cheesiest pizza we can find. Then we are going to drive up to the lookout and spend the evening together. No gimmicks, no distractions, just you and me. That's all I'll ever need," Lizzie says.

This is why Bucky loves her. She can make the mundane into the best sounding idea in the world.

He wants to kiss her so bad but he settles on placing a peck on her forehead.

"Sounds like a plan, doll," Bucky says with a smile.

Bucky takes off his jacket and positions it over their heads and they run to the car. Luckily, they didn't get too wet.

Next, they drove to pick up some pizza. They didn't get pizza all too often but when they did, they always wanted extra cheese. Steve prefers to add extra toppings but all Bucky and Lizzie ever wanted was a mountain of cheese.

They drove up to the lookout and the whole time, all Bucky wanted to do was hold her hand but Bucky kept both hands on the wheel. With the rain and it being so dark, he didn't want to risk her safety.

They parked and Bucky pushed the bench seat as far back as it would go. Lizzie placed her back against the passenger door so she could face Bucky.

They each grabbed a piece of pizza from the backseat and dug in.

"Be careful, if we get grease on the seats, dad will kill me," Bucky says.

"You shouldn't have told me that. You better hope this date goes well then, because if it doesn't, you've just given me an easy out for a second date," Lizzie teases.

"You're hilarious," he deadpans.

Lizzie smiles and then licks her fingers clean of grease. It wasn't at all lady like but Bucky has probably seen her do worse.

"So, say this was a typical first date with one of your many dames," Lizzie says.

"You're my only dame now," Bucky says.

"Keep interuptin' me and I won't be," Lizzie says.

Bucky laughs but allows her to continue.

"What are some of James Buchanan Barnes' first date moves?" Lizzie says.