Me and You (bonus chapter)

A/N: This bonus chapter is about the last conversation that Steve has with Lizzie after he comes out of the ice.

When he woke in New York, he was so confused. The last thing he remembered was crashing the plane so how did he get back to New York? Obviously he succeeded because New York was still here.

Then that fake agent came in and the confusion just got worse.

All he knew was he had to get to Lizzie because whoever was holding him here, he couldn't trust them. Lizzie would tell him what was going on.

However, when he busted out of the building, it wasn't his New York.

According to Fury, he was now in 2011. Fury was going through his speech but his mind was wholly on Liz. He knew she was alive, he could feel it, but if Fury was telling the truth, she's 93 years old. He left his sister when they were 24 and now she'll leave him. Nothing else mattered but seeing her.

He rudely cuts off Fury but he can't find it in himself to care.

"Where's my sister?" He demands.

He can tell that Fury doesn't seem like the type of man to be out of the loop but he is visibly thrown by his question.

"Sister? You were an only child, Captain," Fury says patiently.

"For an intelligence organization, you're pretty out of the know," Steve snaps.

"A sister?" Fury says skeptically.

He wants to yell back at him but he lets it go. For some reason there isn't knowledge about Elizabeth and it's probably a good reason. His best guess is that it was Peggy's doing. His basically dying wish was for Peggy to take care of Lizzie. Was this how she did it? By hiding from the public that Captain America had a twin?

"I guess... I guess you're right. I'm still a little confused," Steve says even though he hates to.

Fury gives him a sympathetic look.

"Understandable. I'm sure this is all very disorienting," Fury says.

"Do you... do you have some way I could find out if some of my old friends are still alive? I'd like to hear all this from someone I know," Steve says.

"Of course, there's a database back at headquarters and we can help find anyone you need to find. We need to do some more medical tests,"

"No. No more tests. Take me to this database thing," Steve demands.

Fury hesitates but then nods.

When Steve walks into the records room at SHIELD headquarters, Steve is immediately overwhelmed. He expected a library of sorts but instead it was full of strange technology that he doesn't even know if Howard Stark would have dreamed of.

The lady at the front desk glances up at him and her eyes widen. She quickly stands to her feet.

"Captain Rogers! What are you doing here?" She asks.

She seems to realize that her question is worded a bit strangely so she corrects herself.

"Sorry, Captain. What can I help you with?" She asks.

He knows the girl is probably incredibly nervous but he isn't in the right mind to reassure her. All he could think about was finding his twin.

"I'm trying to find someone," he says.

He must have gone through hundreds of files. Apparently there were a lot of Elizabeth Rogers out there but none of them were his sister. It was like her existence had been erased from any information on his background as well.