I Have Amazing Intuition

Peggy and Lizzie sit in stunned silence after they hear the radio announcement.

Two atomic bombs were dropped in Japan leaving thousands dead.

Lizzie didn't know what to feel because this marked the official end of the war. Germany surrendered months ago but Japan wouldn't back down so the Allies forced them down.

It seemed wrong though because those men and women who died were not soldiers. They were civilians who didn't have a say in the war.

Fighting a war between soldiers is one thing but this, this is genocide.

Little children had to die because of the decisions of the leaders of our nations. How was that right?

Lizzie was glad that the war was ending but to what ends?

She knows if she were in power, there's no way she would have considered dropping the bomb. She knows that Steve wouldn't either.

Peggy gets up from the couch suddenly.

"I have to make a call," Peggy says.

She quickly walks out of the room and picks up the phone and dials a familiar number.

He picks up on the second ring.

"Did you know?" Peggy asks.

"Hello, to you too Agent Carter," Howard says.

"Did you know?" Peggy repeats.

Howard sighs into the line. He really shouldn't have told Peggy about his involvement with The Manhattan Project but he was feeling so guilty and he knew Peggy was trust worthy.

"Yes but they didn't tell me until the bomb was already in route," Howard says.

"How do you feel?" She asks.

She worried about how this would effect her friend. His weapons saved a lot of lives but they also ended a lot as well.

"I don't know what to feel. Part of me is so glad that the war is over and tries to rationalize that the ends justifies the means. The other part of me recognizes that the means was the murder of thousands of civilians," Howard says.

Peggy could feel the conflict in his voice and worries about his mental state.

"Would you hold on a second Howard?" Peggy asks.

She doesn't give him a chance to respond but sets the phone on the table and heads back to the living room.

"Beth?" Peggy asks.

Lizzie looks up from the floor. Peggy could tell that Lizzie was still deep in thought.

"Do you think I could have a friend stop by?" Peggy asks.

"Of course you can, you don't have to ask. It's your home too you know," Lizzie says.

She gives Lizzie a small smile in thanks.

She returns to the kitchen and picks up the phone.

"Howard? You still there?" Peggy asks.

"Yes," he says.

"Would you like to come over?" Peggy asks.

This peaks Howard's interest. He knows that Peggy has recently moved into the city but hasn't had a chance to visit yet.

"Will I get to meet that attractive roommate of yours?" Howard questions.

She rolls her eyes because of course that's what he would be thinking about.