You Need To Go Bucky

It had been a over a week since Bucky had seen Lizzie. For the first few days, Bucky didn't want to see her because he was still so furious. The next few days Steve was mad at him so he stayed away then too. Now it's been ten days and he's hoping Lizzie isn't as mad.

He walks over to the Rogers' house and knocks. He usually doesn't knock but after the previous week's events, he thought it best to announce his presence.

Part of him really hopes that Lizzie opens the door. A bigger part of him is terrified of Lizzie opening the door. He doesn't have to worry long because Steve is the one who answers.

"She won't see you," Steve quickly says.

"I just need to apologize," Bucky says.

"She's not ready to hear it. If you confront her now, you're just going to make it worse," Steve explains.

"I just need to see her. She's been very good at avoiding me at school, I'm actually quite impressed," Bucky says.

"It's not for lack of trying. She's so mad Bucky, you won't be doing either of you any favors if you talk to her now," Steve says.

"Can you please just ask her?" Bucky begs.

"I'll ask but I already know the answer. You can stay on the porch. I don't trust you to not barge into her room after me," Steve says.

He shuts the front door and walks upstairs to their room.

Luckily, the door is open.

"Lizzie?" Steve asks.

He walks into the room and sees Lizzie laying on her stomach on the floor. She has her sketchbook open in front of her.

"Yeah, Steve?" Lizzie responds.

"Bucky is here to see you," Steve says.

Anger instantly fills her features.

"Tell that pompous jackass that I never want to see him again," Lizzie says.

"I already told him you won't see him but he was persistent," Steve says.

"Can you please make him leave?" Lizzie asks.

Steve hates that he has to play middle man like this. He wants them to make up but to force it would be even worse.

"Okay, Lizzie. I'll get him to leave," Steve says.

Steve leaves and he hears the door slam and lock behind him. Apparently Lizzie doesn't trust Bucky not to force the situation either.

"She won't see you," Steve confirms to Bucky.

"I have to see her. I have to make this right," Bucky says desperately.

"Not today, Bucky," Steve says firmly.

"Please, I love her. I can't keep going like this," Bucky says.

Steve feels for Bucky. He wants more than anything for them to make up but his sister will always come first.

"I'm sorry Bucky but you need to leave," Steve says.

"You know I'm not going to give up," Bucky says.

"I know Buck," Steve sighs.

Steve shuts the door and Bucky stands on the porch a couple minutes. He has an idea, a really stupid idea but he's desperate.

He walks over to the side of the house where he knows there's an old oak tree. The tree sits right below the twins' window. He knows that the branches are brittle and might snap under his weight but again, he was desperate.