Quite The Disagreement

The next few months were particularly difficult for Lizzie. She was filled with guilt because her non action will cause many people to die. She knows that this is her only course of action if she wants Thanos to still be defeated.

She doesn't hate very easily because she thinks it's a very strong word but she hates Thanos.

Lizzie begins throwing herself harder into work. She figures she can't save the people in the future but maybe she can save the people in the present.

Bucky begins worrying about Lizzie. Well, he always worries about Lizzie but at least this time he has a reason. She leaves for work before dawn and isn't back until it's dark. Even when she is home, she's up late sketching designs.

He knows that it hurt her a lot to know she couldn't save anyone because that's always been her life's goal. She wasn't a super hero but that didn't make her any less of a hero.

He always admired his wife for that, he still does. It's just that now she is going to extremes. She has done this in the past, unhealthily throwing herself into work. He wants to stop it but every time he brings it up, she completely avoids the conversation.

Finally he's had enough and forces the conversation.

He nails down the window in their bedroom. He's had enough confrontations with her in the past that he knows she will always threaten to go out the window and he's not giving her the opportunity this time.

They are about to head to bed when Bucky walks up to the bedroom door and locks it. He stands in front of it, blocking the exit. She notices his strange behavior and turn to look at him.

"We need to talk about your job. You're overworking yourself," he says.

"I don't want to talk about it," she says.

"Yeah? Well, I do so you are going to listen," he says.

She stands up with an angry expression.

"I swear, if you don't drop it I'll leave through the window," she says.

He's glad he knows his wife well enough to know her patterns.

"Try it," he challenges.

She grits her teeth and goes over to the window. If he thinks she's bluffing, she'll show him.

However, when she gets to the window, she realizes opening it is going to be an impossibility. She spins around and glares at him.

"You nailed down the window?" She spits out.

"Come on, Ellie. I've been around you for over fifteen years. We were engaged for eight of those years and married for two. Id like to think I know you pretty well at this point. When I try to force a conversation you almost always threaten to climb out the window," Bucky says.

She never realized that she threatened that all that much but apparently she did in order for Bucky to pick up on it. She knew that she had no escape so all she could do was listen. She sits on the edge of the bed and looks up at him.

"You bury yourself in your work whenever you're having a problem. You need to talk to me instead of working yourself to death. Did you know the boys ask for you all the time? You always are home for their bedtime but just barely. They are lucky if they get to see you for an hour," Bucky says.

She does miss her boys but they are too young to remember this. She'll cut back when they are a little older.

"They're too young to really understand what's going on," Lizzie says.

"Well what about me?" He asks.

"What about you?" She responds.

He throws his hands in exasperation.