Why Would They Take Her?

Bucky wakes up to the twins crying. He reaches over to Lizzie's side of the bed but finds her side empty and cold. She must have gotten up to feed the twins. He knows that she tries to get them as often as she can the nights after he has a panic attack. He's ashamed that they tire him out so much but at least they aren't as frequent anymore.

Things have been really quiet recently and he probably wouldn't have even had one if it wasn't for Steven walking towards him while holding the edge of the couch. Anytime the twins do something advanced, it causes his anxiety to sky rocket.

The twins continue to cry so he decides to go help Lizzie with them. He gets out of bed and reattaches his arm. He pads over to the nursery and he notices that Lizzie isn't in the room.

The twins have obviously been crying for a bit of time because their little faces are covered in tears. Bucky picks up Steven and he buries his face in Bucky's neck. His sobs start to quiet and Bucky repeats the process with JJ. They both stop crying in the comfort of their father's arms.

"Where's your mama, boys?" Bucky asks.

They're too young to answer him but for some reason they look scared. He doesn't know if he imagines that or not but it makes him start to worry.

He carries the boys downstairs and hopes he finds her down in the living room reading or maybe in the kitchen cooking breakfast. However, when he gets down there, his wife is no where to be found.

He starts to panic but he makes himself shove it down. His sons are currently in his arms and he can't afford to lose it right now.

He is about to walk back upstairs when he notices something on the carpet. He places the boys on the ground and bends over to pick it up.

It's Lizzie's wedding band.

She's never taken this off, not even when she showers. He quickly picks up the twins and rushes over to Steve's, not even bothering to shut the door.

He bursts through their back door. Peggy hears the noise and rushes into the kitchen. She is surprised to see Bucky with a twin in each arm.

"Barnes, what are you doing here?" Peggy says.

"Is Lizzie here?" He says shortly.

Peggy is so surprised at his tone that she automatically responds.

"No, I haven't seen her since yesterday," Peggy says.

Steve heard the commotion and soon arrives in the kitchen as well. Bucky walks over to Peggy and passes her JJ and passes Steven to Steve.

"Watch the kids," Bucky says.

Steve grabs Bucky's arm as he turns to leave.

"What is going on?" He demands.

Bucky wrenches his arm free. He doesn't have time to explain to Steve and he will just slow him done.

"Just watch the kids," he says.

Bucky runs out of the house into the front yard. He notices the car is missing. He might have assumed that Lizzie was just out for groceries or went into the office if it weren't for finding her wedding ring. He knows if she was gone, it wasn't be choice.

He circles the house looking for any signs of an intruder. A normal person would never notice it but Bucky wasn't normal. Whoever this person is, he or she was good. There was no footsteps leading up to the house. The only thing that gave them away was the tiniest scuff mark halfway up to the window of the twins' room.

He continues to investigate outside of the house. He notices a scrape on the concrete that wasn't there before. It looks as if a board from the porch was lifted and then pushed back.