Are You Ready?

ASGARD- 2013

In the blink of an eye, Steve and Bucky exit the quantum realm.

Bruce and Steve had worked out a plan for each stone and how they are going to return them.

Their first stop had to be Asgard to return the reality stone and mjolnir.

Their mission will be infinitely easier if the remain inconspicuous and carrying around Thor's hammer didn't exactly scream covert.

They also had to shrink down the scepter and enlarge it when they get to New York in order to remain undetected.

They appear right in front of a woman who looks not all that surprised to see them.

"I take it my son sent you?" Frigga says.

Steve pulls out a scrap of paper and the stone and hand both to her.

"That's a note from Thor, he said that you would know what needs to be done," Steve says.

Frigga quickly reads the note and nods to herself.

"It will be done," she promises.

"Alright, we better be off," Steve says.

He leaves mjolnir in the room because he knows Thor of 2013 will summon it eventually.

They set their suits and disappear once more.

CAMP LEHIGH- 1970

They reappear in a field next to the military installation with one less stone and one less hammer.

The tesseract was going to be the hardest of the stones to return because they had to break into a military compound that was already at high alert.

It was too risky for Bucky to go in with Steve because the sleeper hydra agents were likely to recognize the winter soldier.

They agreed that Bucky would stay outside with the rest of the stones while Steve put the tesseract back.

While Steve was gone, all Bucky could do was think.

How would Ellie respond when he comes back?

Surely she will be happy to see him but will she love this him? She will have hardly changed but he is a whole different person.

He probably should've shaved his beard or cut his hair before he left because his reappearance is already going to be shocking enough, let alone his new appearance.

He is interrupted by his thoughts by Steve sprinting towards him.

"We gotta go, we gotta go," Steve says urgently.

Steve grabs the suitcase with the stones and begins setting his suit.

"New York is next, right?" Bucky asks.

"Yes! We need to go," Steve says.

They both activate their suits and go back into the quantum realm again.