You Make Me Feel Alive

Neither couple sees each other for the rest of the night, too busy wrapped up in one another.

Lizzie tries to stay awake but she was up the whole night before so she begins to drift off in Bucky's arms. He carries her up to bed and tucks her in.

He stands by the bed, not sure if he should climb in next to her. He didn't want to overstep his boundaries so he decided he'll sleep on the couch tonight until they can talk about sleeping arrangements.

He begins to walk out when he feel her grab his arm.

"Where are you going?" She says.

He can hear the panic in her voice. She is worried that if he leaves her side, he'll disappear again. She doesn't know if she'll be able to survive if they leave again.

"I was just going to sleep on the couch. I didn't want to sleep with you without your consent," he says.

He doesn't realize what it sounds like until he can see a blush on her face. He didn't mean it like that of course but now of course he's thinking about it. Their physical relationship has been flawless so far but he wonders if it will still be as great when they progress further.

"I meant sleep in the same bed. I just didn't know if we were taking things slow," he says.

She pulls his hand so he's closer to her.

"Get in bed you idiot," she says.

He removes his shoes before climbing in next to her. Usually he would sleep shirtless but he's not ready for her to see the full extent of his arm.

As soon as he slips in, Lizzie curls into him. Luckily she sleeps on his right side so when she rests her head on his chest, she doesn't have to lay on the metal.

It seems that his body still has muscle memory of her even after all his torcher because his body remembers how they used to sleep.

She lays her head on his chest and he wraps his right arm around her. He also hitches her right leg on top of his. He wants to be as close as possible, entirely entwined.

She soon drifts asleep but Bucky stays awake. He gazes down at her beautiful face and prays this isn't a dream.

Soon after he got away from Hydra, he started remembering her. His first memory of her wasn't anything spectacular. It wasn't a big moment in their relationships.

In the memory, she was reading on the couch when he walked into the living room. She looked up at him and gave him the most glorious smile.

That was it, the first small glimpse of his former life with her. He was so confused but so desperate to find out how he knew that beautiful creature. He didn't know much of anything but he could feel she was important.

He tried to force memories of her but he never could. He just had to wait for them to come back one by one. Eventually, he started to wish he never had those memories back because it was too painful. She was dead and he would never see her again.

And now she was in his arms again and he didn't want to miss a thing.

He stayed awake for a few more hours until he heard the creaking of the floor boards. It could just be Peggy but he has a feeling it's Steve.

He sighs but moves Lizzie careful off of him so she doesn't wake up. He needs to get their story straight with Steve before the girls start asking more questions.

He goes downstairs to find Steve sitting at the kitchen table with a glass of water.

"Couldn't sleep?" Steve asks.