I Do

Howard kindly offered to let them do the ceremony at his lake house

Howard kindly offered to let them do the ceremony at his lake house. It was remote and there was no one around for miles. Bucky and Steve arrived before the girls which gave Bucky plenty of time to freak out.

"I'm not good enough to be her husband. She's wonderful and smart and pure and I'm me. Maybe I had a shot at deserving her when I was younger, but not now," Bucky says.

He's been pacing the room for awhile spouting nonsense like this. Steve decided to just let him get it all out early on.

"Oh and what about if we have a kid? How do I explain to my child that daddy gets nightmares and flashbacks because he was a viscous killer?" Bucky continues.

Steve was going to let this run his course but now he was just being ridiculous.

"Do you love her?" Steve asks.

Bucky stops his pacing to look at Steve. To be honest, he forgot Steve was sitting there awhile ago.

"Do you love Liz?" Steve repeats.

Bucky doesn't hesitate in responding because it's the only thing in the world he is sure of.

"More than anything," Bucky responds.

"Will you do whatever it takes to take care of her?" Steve asks.

"I don't know if I can protect her like I should," Bucky responds.

"That's not what I asked. I asked if you will do whatever it takes to take care of her," Steve asks.

"You know I'd die for her. Hell, I'd kill for her," Bucky says.

He's no where near good enough for her. A better man could give her so much more but Bucky will give her everything he is, even if that's not nearly what she deserves.

"All we can ever do is give what we have. Lizzie needs you, not just because she loves you but because she's the best version of herself when she's with you. You two temper each other's worse tendencies. If I thought you weren't good for Lizzie, I wouldn't let you marry her even as my best friend. Her happiness is everything to me and you make her happy so you better get over yourself and marry the love of your life," Steve says.

Bucky wasn't scared of the commitment, not at all. He was just scared of causing Lizzie to have an unhappy life. He knows that even if she was unhappy, she would never break her vows. She will stick by him until their dying days no matter how miserable she is.

"What if I can't keep her happy?" Bucky asks.

Steve was getting really tired of this. It was like Bucky was scared of happiness. That's when Steve realizes that maybe that may be part of the problem.