Did You Know?

Lizzie and Bucky both don't sleep that night. They are too wrapped up in each other to even think of sleep. However, when the twins start crying, Lizzie quickly gets up and starts to get dressed.

"Elizabeth, sit down," Bucky demands.

She rolls her eyes but does as he says. He walks over and helps her get dressed before picking her up and walking over to the twins' room.

As soon as the enter the room, the twins stop crying.

"Mama!" They yell.

Bucky let's her down and places her in the rocking chair. He walks over to their cribs and picks them up before bringing them over to Lizzie.

As soon as they're in her arms, she hugs them close. She places a kiss on the top of each of their heads and the cuddle into her. She begins to cry and JJ notices.

"No cry, mama," he says.

Steven looks up at her face and uses his little hands to wipe her tears away.

She gives a small laugh and wipes her own tears away.

"They're happy tears, baby," she says.

They don't understand but they see her smile so they smile back.

Bucky lets her hold on to the twins as he carries all of them downstairs. He sets her down on the couch and the twins wiggle out of her arms. She places them on the floor before they run off, most likely to find Sarah.

"They're running. You said they were walking, not running," Lizzie says in surprise.

He sighs before sitting down next to her and putting his arm around her shoulders. He pulls her in close and drops a kiss to the top of her head.

"You know how fast they develop," is all he says.

She nods but she's sad that they are growing so fast.

Steve walks into the living room and smiles down at his best friend and his sister on the couch. He is so happy that she's come home. He was really worried about Bucky going off the deep end.

Bucky looks like himself again as he gazes down at the love of his life.

Bucky hears the floorboards creek and looks up to see Steve. Steve is smiling at them and Bucky knows that Steve must be so happy to have her home. He must be so happy that she's alive.

She's alive.

Steve should have known she was alive.

Bucky's smile drops as he thinks about how Steve would have been able to feel she was alive. He's always been able to feel her in the past.

Steve notes Bucky's expression turning from confusion to anger.

"Did you know?" Bucky asks in a calculated voice.

"Know what?" Steve asks in surprise.

At that moment, the kids run back in the room but Bucky's attention is locked on Steve. However, he also doesn't want to have this discussion in front of the kids.

"Outside," Bucky demands.

He gives Lizzie a quick kiss to the temple before standing up. She shoots a nervous glance between her brother and her husband.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing, doll. Just stay with the kids and stay off your feet," Bucky says with a small smile.

She's worried because she can feel the tension between the two of them. She knows that if she doesn't let them go, the kids will have to witness the disagreement and she doesn't want that.