I Should Do Research More Often

It was a Sunday morning in April when Lizzie decides to bring up a topic that's been on her mind.

Her and Bucky were lounging in bed with her head laying on his chest. He was stroking her hair and she was drawing patterns on his skin with her fingers.

"I think I want to be a doctor," Lizzie says.

"Okay," Bucky says.

She quickly looks up at him. She expected more of a discussion.

"What? I told you I'd support whatever you wanted to do," Bucky says.

"Do you realize the future burdens that will put on us though? It's going to take a lot of time and that's assuming I can get in. I'm going to have to jump through a lot of hoops to get my foot in the door. Plus medical school is a lot of money and when we get married, my debt will become you're debt," Lizzie says.

He sits up more so he can see her better.

"If you want me to tell you not to do it, I won't. I know you're trying to use me as an out for not going for it," Bucky says.

Lizzie was hoping that Bucky would give her a reason not to do it. It would be much more practical to be a nurse. There was much more job security and the field was wide open for females.

"My teachers have all been encouraging me to apply to medical school. With my training as a nurse and my academic abilities, they think I could enter right into medical school," she says.

"You don't seem to agree," Bucky says.

"The test is extremely hard and I'd have to score incredibly high in order to get excepted into NYU because they hardly offer admissions to women," Lizzie says.

"Then I'll help you study everyday so you can ace the test," Bucky says.

He is going to pick apart every argument she has because she deserves to follow her dreams.

"The program I'm looking at takes six years to complete. We agreed we wouldn't get married until I established my career. Are you really okay with waiting that long?" Lizzie says.

"Honestly, I thought it took ten years to become a doctor so we're already on the fast track," Bucky says.

"What about the financial side of things? It's going to cost a lot of money to get through medical school," Lizzie says.

Lizzie is confused when Bucky gets up and starts going through his bedside table.

He pulls out a packet and tosses it to her on the bed.

"I was doing some research and I found this woman who graduated from Stanford medical school. Apparently she became wildly successful and wants to support young females entering the medical field so she created a scholarship. With your academic history and test scores, you should have no problem securing it. Plus there are always loans," Bucky says.

Lizzie can't believe that Bucky did all this. He is literally helping make her dreams come true.

She pulls him back on the bed and kisses him passionately.

They are both panting when they separate.

"I should do research more often," he says breathlessly.

"You are an amazing man, Bucky Barnes," Lizzie says.

"I know, I'm a great kisser," Bucky teases.

She hits him on the shoulder and throws her head back laughing.

"You are an amazing kisser but I meant for being the most loyal and supportive fiancé in the world," Lizzie explains.

He pulls her back on his chest like she was earlier.