You're Not Weak, Just In Love

Bucky groans when he hears knocking coming from the front door.

He already can tell that he drank too much last night and sleeping on the couch probably didn't help.

He couldn't bring himself to sleep in their bed. He hadn't slept alone in five years and being in their big bed all by himself would have killed him.

He just ignores the knocking and hopes whoever it is goes away. No such luck.

He finally gets off the couch and opens the door.

He is surprised to see that Rebecca is on his porch.

She looks at her brother and notices how bad he looks. His eyes are blood shot and his hair is a mess. Not to mention he reeks of alcohol.

"What happened to you?" Rebecca asks.

Bucky chooses to ignore her question.

"Why are you here?" Bucky asks sharply.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"I'm looking for Lizzie. She's supposed to go over something with me," Rebecca says.

"Well you can find her at Steve's apartment for the foreseeable future," Bucky says.

Now Rebecca understands Bucky's appearance a little more.

"What did you do?" Rebecca accuses.

"Why does everyone assume its my fault?" Bucky says.

Rebecca raises an eyebrow at him.

"Am I wrong?" She asks.

"No," Bucky says sadly.

She can see how torn up her brother is and no matter how stupid he's been, she still doesn't want to see him like this.

She forces her way into the house and starts to make some coffee and toast.

When she finishes, she makes Bucky sit at the table and eat.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened?" Rebecca asks.

He almost doesn't tell her but he desperately needs someone to talk this through with. He knows Rebecca won't be on his side but she won't abandon him either.

"Lizzie's pregnant," Bucky admits.

This is not what Rebecca was expecting. Surprise is the first emotion she feels followed closely by hurt.

She is hurt that Lizzie hid she was pregnant from her when she was so scared of being pregnant herself.

Then Bucky begins to explain what happened and Rebecca realizes the misunderstanding.

"Did you even let her explain?" Rebecca asks.

"I didn't need her to explain. She had a chance to tell me on her own and she didn't," Bucky says.

"You are an idiot Bucky," Rebecca says.

"Yeah, I'm well aware Becca," Bucky says bitterly.

"Lizzie isn't pregnant," Rebecca says.

"Yes, she is. I saw the results," Bucky says.

"You saw my results. I'm the one who's pregnant," Rebecca says.

Bucky freezes. If what Becca is telling him is true, then he really messed up.

"You're pregnant?" Bucky asks.

"Well I wasn't sure until you just told me what happened. I was supposed to come over today so Lizzie could go over my results with me," Rebecca says.