Tell Me Later

Finally, November 22nd rolls around. Both Bucky and Lizzie have been anticipating this day since he left nine months ago.

Lizzie is waiting at the station for Bucky's bus to arrive. She came hours before he was expected to arrive, partly because she didn't want to miss him if he was early and partly because she just couldn't stand to stay in the house any longer.

Bucky was jittery the whole way back to New York. He was starting to drive the people around him crazy with his fidgeting.

"Oh my God Bucky. Can you stop it with the twitching?" Stan says.

Stan was one of the draftees who he trained with. They were in officer training together so they became pretty good friends.

"I'm nervous," Bucky admits.

"You're not shipping out yet, you're just seeing your girl who you can't shut up about. Haven't you both been waiting for this day since you left?" He asks.

"That's why I'm so nervous. She hasn't seen me in nine months and we haven't even written that much to each other, which is my fault, but what if she's changed her mind?" Bucky asks.

"I actually thought you were smart for a moment. You've told me a lot about this girl and I have a feeling that she's not one to call it quits after a little time apart," Stan says.

Theoretically, Bucky knows this but his body won't let him relax.

When they pull up to the bus station, Bucky looks out the window looking for a blonde head.

Then he sees her and it's like all the air gets sucked out of his body.

She was more beautiful than he remembered.

She hasn't seen his bus yet so he takes a minute to observe her.

He can see the anticipation on her face. She looks as jittery as he feels.

He also notices her hair is longer. He frowns when he notices she has lost some weight. He knows she sometimes forgets to eat when she's working a lot and he's sure she has been working a lot.

She sees the bus but Bucky leans away from the window so she can't see him yet.

Lizzie notices when Bucky's bus stops and starts unloading.

It seems like the whole bus empties and she thinks maybe she had the wrong one.

But then she sees him.

She doesn't even think, she just runs.

He meets her halfway and she jumps in his arms and wraps her legs around his waist.

They just cling to each other for a long moment, relishing the feel of being in the others arms again.

He pulls back slightly and kisses her hard on the mouth. She kisses him back just as eagerly and buries her hands in his hair and pulls slightly.

They are so wrapped up in each other that they don't even realize the spectacle they are making.

They are brought back to the real world when they hear the men from Bucky's camp begin cheering and whistling at them.

Lizzie blushes and releases her legs from around Bucky and lets him lower her to the floor. She tries to move away but Bucky pulls her back.

He hasn't held her for nine months so he wasn't letting go for anything. Especially not because some other men are being stupid.

Stan walks up and claps Bucky on the shoulder.

"And you thought she changed her mind," Stan says.