Take Off Your Shirt

Once Lizzie is fully asleep, Bucky picks up a twin in each arm and brings them down so they can meet their aunt and uncle.

When he walks into the living room, Peggy is reading while Steve is snoring next to her. Peggy notices Bucky walking in and nudges Steve awake. He jumps and looks around in confusion but lights up when he notices the bundles in Bucky's arms.

He rushes over and examines them.

"Can I hold one?" Steve asks.

Bucky extends Steven and places him in Steve's arms.

"Who is this?" Steve asks.

"You're holding Steven Anthony Barnes," Bucky says.

A wide smile comes on Steve's face as he stares at his namesake. His smile fades a little when he processes the middle name.

"After Tony?" Steve asks.

Steve knows it's quite strange to have Bucky's son and Steve's nephew named after Tony after everything that's happened but Steve owes this life to Tony. He's glad his sister chose to honor Tony in this small way.

Peggy comes up on Bucky's other side and asks to hold James.

"And who is this?" Peggy asks.

"James Buchanan Barnes II, but Lizzie wants to call him JJ," Bucky explains.

It is not lost on Steve that Lizzie had twins in the original timeline with the same names. Maybe this is a fixed point that doesn't change between realities.

He was honestly a little surprised when he first heard the names in the original timeline because he was surprised that her husband would be okay with naming his child after her dead fiancé and the love of her life. He must have loved her a lot to let her name him that.

Steve looks over at Peggy with JJ in her arms and can't believe that in a few months, they are going to have one of their own.

Steve and Lizzie never had much family. Once they lost their parents, all they had left was Bucky. Now they have more than doubled the size of their family. He was so glad that his child would have his or her cousins to run around with. He hopes they will all be friends because family is so important.

"Congratulations, Barnes, they are perfect," Peggy says.

"They are half Lizzie so it is impossible that they could be anything but perfect," he says.

JJ starts to cry and Bucky figures that the twins must be getting hungry. He doesn't want to wake her but unfortunately she has to be the one to feed them.

Bucky goes to collect the babies back from them but Steve insists on carrying Steven up with him. Peggy announces that she is going to go take a nap and gives Steve a quick kiss.

"Tell Lizzie congratulations from me," Peggy says.

He nods to her and she leaves to go to her house.

They head upstairs and Bucky sticks his head in to make sure she's decent before letting himself and Steve in.

Bucky walks quietly over to Lizzie and sits on the edge of the bed. He pushes some hair out of her face and slowly strokes her arm to help wake her up.

"Ellie?" He says.

She slowly opens her eyes groggily.

"Hey, beautiful. I'm so sorry to wake you but I think the twins are hungry," he says.

She nods sleepily and attempts to sit up. She's still really weak so Bucky helps her lean against the headboard. It is just then that she realizes that Steve is in the room.