A Phenomenal Woman

"I can't believe you talked me into this," Lizzie says.

When she had gotten home, they knew that they still had some things to do to get back to normal. They redid their vows but they wanted to get back to the closeness that they used to have.

When they got married the first time, they were still living in the same house as Steve and Peggy so they never got a real honeymoon.

Now they had two little ones at home and they never really got time to just themselves unless the kids were sleeping.

They couldn't go on a trip like a real honeymoon but Bucky had another idea. There was a lot of woods near the house so he suggested that they try camping. She was hesitant to the idea first but she did agree that it would be nice to have a day to themselves away from home.

Bucky found a spot not too far from the house that they could stay at. It was in a clearing near a bluff so he knew that the sights would be beautiful. Also, the walk was pretty flat so he didn't have to worry about her rolling an ankle or falling. Just like when she was pregnant the first time, he was going into over protective mode. He would carry her to the clearing if he thought he could get away with it.

"You're the one who said you wish you could go on a honeymoon," he says.

She huffs, slightly out of breathe. She is not used to walking this far and she is bloated from the pregnancy. Her feet are killing her from trying to keep up with her specimen of a husband.

"I meant Niagara Falls or maybe The Poconos," she says irritably.

"Well you should have specified," he jokes.

She gives him a small glare.

He looks over at her and realizes that she looks exhausted. He stops them so she can have a quick rest. He suddenly feels horrible for dragging her out here while she's over three months pregnant.

"You should sit down for a bit," he says.

She waves him off and keeps on walking. She doesn't want to let her pregnancy slow her down.

He walks over and scoops her into his arms.

"Jaime, put me down," she demands.

"You need to rest so if you won't stop, I'm going to carry you," he says.

"I'm fine," she says.

He can tell that she's so tired but she's always been so bad at admitting when she's burning out.

"Think about the baby okay? You got to trust me when I tell you that you're pushing yourself to hard," he says.

She knows he's right. She promised him that she would listen to him when he says that she is doing too much. He knows her limits better than she does.

He takes her silence as consent and continues to carry her through the woods.

"How is our girl doing today?" Bucky asks.

She wants to question why he thinks it's a girl but she doesn't. For some reason she feels like it's a girl too. Maybe it's because they both want a daughter and they are projecting that hope. They will both be happy with a healthy baby of any gender but they can't help but hope for a girl.

"She isn't nearly as picky as her brothers were," she says.

If it wasn't for the constant exhaustion and bloating, she might not even feel pregnant. With the twins, she couldn't go more than a few hours without being nauseous. She lost so much weight during her first trimester because she couldn't keep anything down.