I Did A Bad Thing, Stevie

"Bucky,"

A voice pulls Bucky out of his sleep. He fights against it at first because he is so comfortable and warm.

"Bucky get up,"

He opens his eyes and sees Ellie still asleep on his chest and he gives a small smile and kisses the top of her head.

"Bucky,"

His eyes snap up and see Steve standing at the end of the bed.

"What are you doing here? You're still sick," Bucky says.

"When you didn't bring her home last night, I got worried," Steve says with annoyance.

"I'm sorry, I should've called," Bucky said

"Yeah, you should have. Now get up. I want to get her home," Steve says shortly.

Bucky slowly gets out of bed, careful not to wake her.

"You should wake her up," Bucky says before leaving the room.

Bucky doesn't know how much Lizzie will remember and he doesn't want to spring everything on her right when she wakes up.

Bucky doesn't know if he hopes she remembers or not. She said she was attracted to him but that might not mean much. Bucky thought Ellie was attractive before he fell in love with her.

The more confusing part of her confession was when she said she wasn't sure if she loved him platonically or romantically.

Suddenly, Steve appears in the hallway with a disgruntled Lizzie.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Bucky asks.

"Why are you so loud?" Lizzie says.

She covers her ears and squints her eyes. He can tell the light is bothering her as well.

"I think you got a bit of a hangover El," Bucky says with a small laugh.

"It's not funny Jamie," Lizzie says indignantly.

"It's a little funny," Bucky says.

Steve was getting fed up with their banter. He still wasn't feeling great and didn't want to deal with them right now.

"Let's go home," Steve says.

They walk outside and as soon as the door opens Lizzie steps back inside.

"Too bright," Lizzie says.

Bucky feels bad for her. He knows how painful a hangover can be.

"Here's what we're going to do. You're going to climb on my back and hold on and you can hide your eyes against my back," Bucky says.

Lizzie looks like she wants to protest but the pain wins out.

"Are you sure?" Lizzie asks.

"Yeah, it's only a few blocks," Bucky says.

He also wanted to hold Lizzie again so it was a win, win for both of them.

She hoped on his back and buried her face into his neck.

As Bucky carried her. Steve began to notice the trail of bruises that went down her neck. He was starting to piece together what may have went down the evening before. Luckily, they both had all there clothes on when he got them up this morning. Bucky even had his shoes on.

They all eventually get home and Lizzie slides off Bucky's back.

"I'm going to make some coffee," Lizzie mumbles.

Once Lizzie is out of ear shot, Steve turns to Bucky.

"Please tell me it was her boyfriend and not you who left those marks on her neck," Steve says.

"You rather it have been Riley then me?" Bucky asks.

"Yes, because if it was you then you just made my sister a cheater. The guilt will eat her alive," Steve says.

"It takes two to tango. I didn't force her into anything. It may be a moot point anyways because she might not even remember," Bucky says.

"Do you want her to remember?" Steve asks.

"Yes. No. I don't know," Bucky says.

"Those are the options," Steve says.

"I didn't want any of it to play out like it did. I always imagined when we first kissed it would be after all of our feelings were out in the open and we would be together. Not in the spare room at a party when we were both more than a little drunk," Bucky says.

Bucky wishes that the circumstances were different but he can't bring himself to regret it. It was one of the best nights of his life so how could he regret it?

"Just go home Bucky. I'll deal with her and see what she remembers," Steve says.

"I can stay and help," Bucky says.

"I don't really want you around my sister right now," Steve says.

Bucky was a little hurt at this statement but he understood. How do you deal with the guy your sister cheated on her boyfriend with when he's also your best friend?

"Okay, Steve. Tell her I'm sorry I had to leave and I hope she feels better," Bucky says sadly.

Steve softens at his tone. He knows that Bucky loves his sister. Love makes us do stupid things.

"I will Buck. Go sleep it off," Steve says.

Bucky leaves and Steve goes to meet up with Lizzie in the kitchen.

She's sitting at the kitchen table eating a piece of toast.

"Where's Bucky?" Lizzie asks.

"He went home. He said he hopes you feel better," Steve says.

Lizzie finally lets her facade crumble when she knows that Bucky isn't around.

"I did a bad thing, Stevie," Lizzie says before bursting into tears.

He wants to be upset with her but he knows she is tearing herself apart all ready. He could never stand by to watch his sister cry anyways so he pulls her into his arms.

"Why do people fall in love when all they can do is hurt each other?" Lizzie says.

"I'm sure there are good things about being in love," Steve says.

"There is. It's beautiful and wonderful and thrilling. But it's also painful and horrible and it destroys you when you fight," Lizzie says.

"I didn't think you and Riley really fight," Steve says.

Lizzie leans back and looks at Steve. She looks a mess. Her hair is everywhere and she has tears in her bloodshot eyes.

"Stevie, we both know I'm not talking about Riley," Lizzie admits.

Steve got a confirmation of what he's always known. Lizzie and Bucky are in love with each other and they are terrified.