Get Out Of The Car Elizabeth

It's dark out by the time Lizzie decides to leaves
the house.

"Where are you going?" Steve asks. 

She's startled by Steve sitting on the couch. He raises an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, Steve, you gave me a fright," Lizzie says.

"Where are you going?" Steve repeats.

Steve wanted to give Lizzie one more chance to come clean before he went along with Bucky's plan. He still didn't approve but he was done with being in the dark. One way or another, he'd learn what was going on.

"Out," Lizzie responds.

"Yes, I can see that but where are you going?" Steve asks.

He can see that Lizzie is shifting nervously.

"The library," Lizzie says.

Steve looks at her with a disappointed look.

"When did we start lying to each other?" Steve asks.

Lizzie's shoulders slump at Steve's statement. The truth is, Lizzie should've told Steve awhile ago. She never wants to disappoint her brother but she knows that once she tells him, it will change everything. The one thing Lizzie hates more than anything is change.

"I don't want to lie to you Steve but I'm also not ready to tell you where I go," Lizzie says.

"Fine, then Lizzie. Have a nice night," Steve says shortly.

"Stevie..." Lizzie says sadly.

"Just go Elizabeth," Steve says.

Lizzie tries to meet his eye but he refuses to make eye contact. She wants to stay and work this out with Steve but she knows she made a commitment and she should stick to it.

"Bye, Stevie. Remember, I love you, no matter what," she says softly.

He gives her three minutes and then goes outside to meet up with Bucky. Bucky was able to borrow Bucky's father's truck so they were easily able to find her as she was walking on foot.

They were only following her for a block when they see her climb into a black car. They tail the car and follow them to the cinema.

A guy gets out of the car and walks over to open Lizzie's door for her. She allows him to pull her out of the car and into his side. He slings his arm around her as he locks the car.

The parking lot is too dark for them to get a good look at the guy.

"We'll have to go in," Bucky says.

"Bucky..." Steve says warningly.

"We'll sit in the back. They won't even know we're here, I promise," Bucky says.

Steve relents and they begin to follow the couple inside.

They see the couple entering theater one and go to purchase the tickets. By the time they get in the theater, the movie is already playing.

They duck their head as they walk to the back of the theater to avoid Lizzie's eyes. They didn't need to bother because she only has eyes for the boy next to her.

They sit in the back and watch the couple.

Lizzie shares her popcorn and soda with him.

He notices that she offers him a box of good and plenty. Steve despises good and plenty but it was her favorite candy. Bucky always shared a box with her at the movies. Not because he had a particular taste for them, he liked them well enough; it was because when he shared with her, he got to sit next to Lizzie.