Chapter 16: The Captain's Rank

Y/N pov

After two days of ODM training, one more and then we will have a survey mission, Hange was needed by Erwin to further discuss on the 57th expedition. So the leadership went to me, surprisingly. I continued with the ODM training, Killing Dummy Titans. I was standing on a branch with Levi and we were looking at the 104th and Levi squad training. Barely any teamwork from the 104th, Connie and Sasha were taking advantage of Jean. Nonetheless, their maneuvering were almost perfect. Eren was screaming for every nape slicing he did. 

Y/N: Levi, call in the abnormal..... now.

Levi shot a black smoke, the forest was thick, but all of them noticed the black smoke, every titan dummy is an abnormal dummy now.

Y/N: *leaning head slightly towards Levi* Do you think that the veterans are experienced enough to- Oh damn.

Levi: Yes.

We saw an unknown 104th member getting smacked by the titan dummy, after at least 20 minutes of ODM training, Levi shot a blank round, calling in the 104th to gather outside of the forest. Me and Levi were speaking to one another for five minutes reviewing on the training. We then went out of the forest and I had to debrief the section before releasing them for the day, we had been training for five hours, and everyone is exhausted. 

Y/N: Levi squad, no comment, except for Oruo, try not to bleed again please..... You guys are dismissed, you too Levi.

After the Levi squad left, except Eren, I turned to the 104th. I look at all of their exhausted face with a slight disappointment in my face.

Armin: *whispering to Eren* Is he disappointed?

Eren: *whispers back* You think? I have never seen him like this.

Y/N: No one has Eren...

Everyone looked at Eren and Armin 

Armin: How did he-

Y/N: That's besides the point... All of you need to understand the importance of teamwork. You all know what a titan can do, how strong, how fast and how hungry a titan is. All of you know what will happen if you are at the mercy of a titan. *starting to tear up* and no one will ever get over that. Now this survey mission, is under Hange, meaning we will get up close with any titan approaching us, even the most strongest soldiers will not survive the a titan's grip. You all have to work as a team, and stick together. When one breaks, the whole team falter.

Mikasa pov

I could see everyone putting their head down and I could see Y/N trying to hold back his tears, in his face of disappointment. I went up to him and gave him a hug and a peck on the lips.

Reiner: When did that happen?

Armin: Yesterday?

Mikasa: Yep.

Krista: Awww that is so cute.

Ymir: At least Krista will still be mind.

Y/N: That is it for training today, everyone is dismissed and are given time off until tomorrow, try and get use to the scouts training, this is only the tip of the iceberg, you will find that breaks will be..... inconsistent. Scouts, dismiss *The 104th salutes and Y/N salute back*.

After we are dismissed, I decided to spent my time with Y/N, maybe going on a date.

Mikasa: Y/N, do you want to go somewhere?

Y/N: No.

Mikasa: What? why?

Y/N: Last I checked, someone did not allow me to do my paperwork. *raises an eyebrow*