69............ Nice

Chapter 69: The Time Has Come

Y/N pov

I woke up the next day to head to the bathroom to shower, once I was in the men's room, I could hear the shower running, I was of course, didn't want to waste my time, I entered and saw Reiner, with his boxers leaning his hand on the wall and just standing there, under the running water. I undressed myself, leaving on my boxers too, I turned my on my shower head, my back facing him, I could feel him jump a little.

Reiner: *turns around* Oh, sir *Marley salute*

Y/N: I prefer if you don't salute me in the shower, this feels awkward.

Reiner: Yes sir.

Y/N: How's your wound?

Reiner: H-healed perfectly sir.

Y/N: Good.

I was calmed on the outside, but I was worried that he would recognize my voice.

Reiner: Was it you who risked your life to protect me?

Y/N: Yeah.

Reiner: Why? I'm a worthless Eldian Warrior.

Y/N: No one is worthless, it's just the views of people, you forgot those who gave you compliments, just remember this, a compliments are a tenfold greater than insults.

Reiner: Yes sir, but why would you save an Eldian?

Y/N: Even though I'm suppose to hate you, you are my ally, I keep my allies alive because that's what I do.

Reiner: You sound similar to a devil in Paradis.

Y/N: I don't think I follow you.

I face up to wash my face and put on shampoo all over my face and head because of my beard. After that I washed it off, and Reiner still haven't replied yet. I turned around to see him looking down.

Y/N: *turns back to the shower head* You feel like you have let them down don't you?

Reiner: More or less.

Y/N: Well you're back at Marley, don't forget that.

Reiner: Yeah... *stops shower and move on the sink area*

I stood there for a minute more before stopping the shower and put on my towel.

Reiner: Sir can you keep a secret?

Y/N: Go ahead.

Reiner: Whatever I told about the king of devils were all just his bad side.

Y/N: Hmm, *walk towards the sink* Propaganda huh?

Reiner: Yes sir.

I took out my toothbrush to brush my teeth.

Reiner: When you saved me, I hallucinated of him saving me, I don't know why?

Y/N: *brushing teeth* Give me a second.

After brushing my teeth, I spat out the excess and washed my mouth, then I speak.

Y/N: Who is he to you exactly? *trimming beard*

Reiner: Honestly, a forbidden brother.

Y/N: And you still feel the same? *clearing the razor before shaving again*

Reiner: Yes, if Bertholdt trusts him, I wonder if I am doing the right thing, betraying them.

Y/N: *finished trimming beard* Reiner, our conversation right now is illegal, let's keep this between us, but to address your last statement, you should look at the difference between Paradis Eldians and Marley, you have the most experience, you know best.