Chapter 77: Into The Fire, Part 7

Mikasa pov

Eren: I feel very bad for Y/N

Shadow: I feel bad too.

Annie: We all do.

Armin: How longer is he going to sit there?

Mikasa: Let's leave him alone for a while, as much as I want to be beside him now, I think he'll recover faster without me.

Sasha: *rubs Mikasa's back* He'll come back Mikasa.

Jean: So, the Military Policeman that helped us from the start is gone huh?

Eren: Yeah, remember how he helped us clear the alleyway when we had to sneak away with Annie?

Annie: He even placed me there.

Sam: Mason was the greatest among any of us, besides Lord Y/N, he was a determined soldier and assassin, who died protecting pawns of Marley.

Connie: Umm, that's not very nice sir.

Sam: They deserve it.

Shadow: Oi, what do you mean by that?

Sam: Mason was ten times better than you or that blonde bitch.

Eren: Woah! Sam!

Jean: Woah Woah!

Armin: Lord Premier, that is too far.

Sam: So what!? He should have saved Mason instead. You *points at Armin* you just had to stick your tongue inside her, and you *points at Shadow* I should have let you die in the fort invasion!

Shadow: Lord Y/N chose to heal Annie! I didn't pull him to heal her!

Sam: He chose Annie because-

Y/N: Because Mason said so.

Sam: *jumped* My lord?

Mikasa: Y/N?

Y/N: I was selfish Sam, I tried to heal Mason, ignoring Armin's cry and Shadow's call for help. If he didn't prevent me from healing him, Annie won't be here. I wanted to save him as much as you do, but in the end it was his choice. Premier-master, we assassin may be selfish but sometimes you have to look at the future outcome, what happen if I saved Mason instead, I would've lost my new family, we will be divided, I would be a hypocrite. 

There was silence, I walked to Y/N and gave him a hug, to which he returned it. I was smiling, when I know he had me in his arms again. 

Mikasa: Feel better yet?

Y/N: A little, I only came down to call for Annie, I want to talk to her.

Annie: Yes my lord.

Mikasa: Why?

Y/N: A little chat that's all.

Mikasa: Okay, I trust you.

He then walked out of the tent, I could see Sam in tears as he realizes that he was an asshole. Eren then decided to tell his story as an injured soldier.

Y/N pov

Once, I reached the foxhole where Mason died, I look to the stars, Annie stood next to me and did the same.

Y/N: You know 5 years ago, me and my friends from the 103rd will sneak out at night twice a week and we went towards the river stream near the camp and we would look up and just sit there. That became a tradition for us, a year after, there was this place in Trost where Mason, was able to come to, always. It was a huge field next to forest that has a river flowing and a very tall tree. That's where we hang out to forget about everything and just look to the stars.