|01|

🦋Y/N🦋

Another day of long conference meetings and calls, I sigh as I typed up documents for my next project. Running my own real estate company was a lot, but it was always a dream of mine. Lately, this is how it's been, running around the office building having meeting after meeting, days running over into the night. Going home late eating take out from the night before then little sleep to do it all over again the next day.

Needless to say, I needed a break at this point I'm beyond stressed. I just want to go on a much-needed vacation without having to stress about work or the next thing I need to be working on. I looked away from the computer screen to give my eyes a break. I lay my head on the desk and closed them. Finally somewhat of a relief.

That soon came to an end when a knock came from the door. "Come in," I said not bothering to lift my head.  "Hey, just coming in to confirm your  1 o'clock for tomorrow. Is this okay or should I reschedule?" asked Erin walking in.

I looked up at him as he stood at the front of my desk with an iPad in his hands. "Would I lose the deal if I were to say cancel?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "I believe so, Ms. Y/L/N. They have been waiting since last September." He said shaking his head. Damn that long for a deal that I have no idea how to close on yet I haven't even looked at the file for them. More work for me I guess.

"Yes, that's fine. Is there anything else on the schedule for tomorrow?"  I asked as I began to type on the computer again. "No ma'am, that's the only thing." He said looking from the iPad back at me. "Great, can you put down that we will be closing early tomorrow? Then you can go home."  "Yes ma'am, is that all?" He asked typing it down.

"Yes, you don't have to be so formal we're the same age."  I spoked finishing up."Good night Ms. Y/L/N."   He laughed as he walked out of my office. Erin, you gotta love him. I sigh as I finished the file and saved it. I stood from the chair and stretched. I can finally go home and rest.

Putting important files in my briefcase along with my laptop as well. I made sure the document was saved one last time before I shut down the desktop. Once that was done I grabbed my keys and purse from the desk drawer then my briefcase and walked out of the office building.

The summer wind hitting me in the face as I walked out to my car.  I unlocked it and got in throwing everything into the passenger seat and starting the car. My phone automatically connected to the radio as I pulled out of the parking space and starting to drive home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After ten minutes of driving, I finally made it home. I pulled into the driveway parking beside my sister's car. "What is she doing here?" I thought as I turned the car off. I got my stuff from the front seat and locked the door. As I walk to the front door I could hear Kendrick Lamar playing. I sighed shaking my head as I unlocking the door and walking inside. I put my things on the table as I walk by going to the living room where the music is coming from.

I stopped at the entrance and listen to them as they rapped All the Stars. "I want the credit if I'm losin' or if I'm winnin' on my Mama, that's the realest shi-"

"Y'all better not let that word fall from y'all's lips," I said walking in as they pause. "Mommy!" Kai said running over to me with his arms open. I smiled as I picked him up. "I've missed you." He said burying his face in my neck. "I missed you too, but why aren't you in bed its almost twelve in the morning," I spoke before I kissed his cheek.

"He wanted to wait up for you and you know I can't tell him no when he does the thing with his eyes" spoke Alayah as she turned off the music. I shook my head as she came over to us and I pulled her into a side hug. "I'm going to put him in bed then we can talk." I said as we separated.

"Do I have to go to bed?" Kai questions with puppy dog eyes. "As much as I love you, no KJ it's way past your bedtime." I said as Alayah and I laughed at the face he made. "I'll be back," I stated. She nods before I walked off. I took Kai upstairs to his room and tucked him in. "Good night Mama." He said. "Good night honey, I'm right downstairs if you need anything. I love you." I said after kissing his forehead. "I love you too." He yawned as I turned the light off and walked out of his room.

I kicked my shoes off in my room as I walked by my door. Then I headed back downstairs. "Layah?" I called walking into the living room. "In the kitchen." She said. Pushing the door open I see her standing at the stove heating up food. "When did you get home from L.A.?"  I question getting a water bottle from the pantry. "At 10 something this morning I wanted to surprise everybody, but I kinda figured you was working so I waited 'til you came home." She said shaking her head.

"You didn't have to cook. I had leftovers in the fridge." I said sitting at the island.   "Yeah, well you needed something besides Jade's Express Chinese food," She said putting a plate in front of me.  "Plus mommy said you've been busy a lot lately so I wanted you to have something fresh and warm before you went to bed." She said sitting across from me.

"Thank you." I thanked before eating a bite of the food. Alayah isn't the best cook but this  Crawfish étouffée is bussin'. "Did you take a Bena-" "Yes, don't worry you ain't getting rid of me that fast." She said as we laughed.  We talked as we finished the food. Once I was done I place my plate in the sink so I could wash it. "Don't worry about it I got it. Go to bed" Alayah said coming over to the sink.

"Thank you, Love ya. " I said before for walking up to my room.  I yawned as I went to my closet to get something to sleep in and two bath towels. I walk into the bathroom and turned on the shower. As I wait for the water to heat I took off my clothes and pulled my hair into a ponytail.  After waiting a minute I stepped in. Letting the hot water hit my body.

Once I was done bathing I did my night routine and got in bed. I read for a minute then went to sleep. 5 am will be here before I know it.  I need a vacation.