|08|

🦋Y/N🦋

It had been two days since the house show, and two days since I had time to think about what Alayah had said. Honestly, she was right I hadn't been out or doing anything since my last relationship with Myles. That took so much out of me that once I had ended it and had Kai I buried myself in work and being a Mom. That I didn't make time to do anything fun or go on dates even.

I sat outside with my feet in the pool listening to music. "Hey." Layah said sitting beside me. "Hey." I said turning down the speaker. "What are you wearing on the friendly date tonight?" She asked splashing the water. "I don't know, I was supposed to find something yesterday, but I gave up." I said. She sighs shaking her head. "You always wait last minute, you have about four hours until the date, so let's go find you something. " said Layah standing, pulling me up with her. I put on my slides and we went back inside.

"What do you have in mind?" She asked as we walked up the stairs. "I don't know ." I said going into my room and plopping down on the bed. "Lord this going to be harder than I thought." She said going over to the clothes rack by the bathroom door. "You look through your suitcase for something." I got up and got the suitcases and threw them on the bed opening them.

We started taking out different outfits, but we didn't like any of them. "I'm about to call and cancel." I said getting my phone from the nightstand. "Oh no, I'll be damn if you cancel on that man." Alayah said taking my phone out my hands. "I don't know if it's obvious but I have nothing to wear and my hair ain't done." I said reaching for my phone. "Umm, your hair ain't the problem. Now where your duffel bag at?" She asked putting my phone in her bra like I wouldn't go in there to get it.

"Over in the closet." I replied she nods and got it, putting it on the bed. "Okay, what about this?" She held up a black long sleeve dress. "Naw, it's hot out." I said shaking my head. Alayah continued to look through the clothes to find something that I would like. Eventually, we both agreed on a sleeveless cream dress and black heels.

"We still have some time to spare you wanna go get some food or something?" I asked. "Yeah, I really want some beignets." She said walking down the stairs. We put on our shoes and went out to the car. "Where Mama and Kai?" Layah asked as we got in. "They went somewhere with Toya, " I said starting the car. "Toya still stay down here?" "No, she just down here for a family reunion," I said pulling out of the driveway.

~~~~~

Finally, after deciding where to eat we made our way back home. "Where are y'all going?" Layah asked from the other side of the door as I got out of the shower drying off. "We're going to Bourbon Heat." I said putting on the robe over my underwear door.

"Sit so I can do your hair." Alayah said standing up from the chair so I can sit down. "How long are you gonna be gone?" She asked while taking my hair down. "I don't know yet probably not that long. " I said as she began to curl my hair. "You telling me that you're going out with a fine ass man and you not gonna stay out that long with him? A lotta girls would kill to be in your shoes, including me." She said. "You can take my place if you wanna go so bad shawty. It's just friendly drinks." I said rolling my eyes as she copied me.

" I said rolling my eyes as she copied me