|62|

🦋Y/N🦋

"Kai's getting ready so you need any help with your hair?" Alayah asked, walking in the door. I'm getting ready to go out with Anthony and the kids. I had already showered and gotten dressed, I just need to finish doing my makeup so I can work on my hair.

"Yeah, if you don't mind."  I spoke as I applied a shade of brown lip pencil then lip gloss. She came overtaking my hair out the puff I had it in. "Has he asked about what happened again?" She asked fluffing the curls as she added hair oil.

"No, he said he didn't want to pressure me about it." I watched in the mirror as she nodded, she knew that I didn't want to stay on the topic long. "I'm thinking we do something different with your hair." She said twisting a curl around her finger.

"Like what?" I asked raising an eyebrow

"Like what?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Bleaching, burgundy dye, and a silk press." She said smiling. I really like burgundy on my hair and what's wrong with change, I really need that right now. "Yeah, I'll cash app you the money." I said as she finished. Once she was done I stood up from the chair walking over to the mirror.

"Where y'all supposed to be going?"  Layah asked sitting down on the chest in front of the bed. "To the Big Easy City Break and somewhere to eat." I replied, fixing the shirt around my neck. "That sounds fun, I haven't been in so long."  We would always go when we were little, but once the divorce happened and we left we stop going, it was our favorite thing to do during Christmas time.

"You and Chris wanna join us?" I asked putting the coat on, she shook her head with a sigh.  "I would love to, but we both want to keep our relationship private for a while."  "I'll take pictures then and send them to you." I said getting my purse from the bed. "Much needed, I'll wait for you in the living room. " She said standing walking over to the door.

"I'm right behind you

"I'm right behind you." I followed her out of the door, she headed downstairs as I went down to Kai's room. His door was open and he sat on the bed playing the Play Station. "You ready Bubba?" I asked walking over to him, he nodded looking from the tv.

"You look, beautiful Mommy." He said. "Thank you, you look handsome."  I said standing in front of the tv.  "Thank you," He thanked coming over wrapping his arms around my waist. "You nervous, about meeting Mr. Mackie's kids?" I asked once he had let go of me. He shook his head, Kai, has never been shy when it came to making new friends, so it doesn't surprise me at all that he's not nervous.