|52|

🦋Y/N🦋

Thanksgiving day, waking up to gospel music and the smell of the hams and dressing cooking in the oven. I'm so glad it was taking everything in me yesterday not to cut a sweet potato pie. After all the cooking and cleaning we all got ready to drive to Arlington for the game. After the win which was a 40 to 9 score we all head home. After we made it home everybody parted way to get ready for dinner.

Once I had a shower, I did my routine and got dressed heading downstairs to wait for everybody else to finish. I had been dreading this since I got up this morning, I wanted to cancel it so bad, but it would have been a waste for him to drive all this way. Layah and Amari talked me out of it thankfully. Which reminds me I didn't send him the location.

Me:

Hey here is the address 5210 Deloache Avenue

Mack Attack:

Thanks omw now

Me:

See you when you get here. Be safe

"Y/N/N come help me in the kitchen, please

"Y/N/N come help me in the kitchen, please." Granny said making her way into the kitchen. "Yes ma'am." Standing up I fixed my clothes, then put my phone in my pocket and made my way into the kitchen. "Can you set the table?" I nodded taking the plates in the dining room putting them on the table in front of each chair. I'm surprised that the table will seat all of us. Once I was done I started placing the silverware and napkins.

"You nervous?" asked Granny as she sat two bottles of wine on the table. "Nervous isn't the word I would use." I said fixing one of the dishes. "There ain't nothing to be nervous about. You've done this plenty of times before." She said with her hand on her hip. "I know, but this one is going to be different this is the  first holiday he's spending with us." I said.

"He must asked you to be his girlfriend?" She questioned as we walked back in the kitchen

"He must asked you to be his girlfriend?" She questioned as we walked back in the kitchen. I nodded, "And what did you say?" "I told him that I needed some time to think on it." I said sitting at the bar. "Well?" "It's been a month and I'm going to give him an answer soon." I rushed. "Well, I was going to fuss, but as I always say," "The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach." I said with her.

"You know it, how you think I'm stuck with your Pa for so damn long." She said rolling her eyes and I laughed. I didn't even question it they've been together for 33 years and she still can't stand him. She would tell me all the time she promised herself not to marry again after her first marriage and how Pa trapped her, but she loved him with all her damn heart. That's how I wanna be honestly.

After a while, everyone came down and we sat in the living room talking until the doorbell rang. Standing up from the sofa I walked to the foyer nervously, why am I so nervous? I ain't never been like this to see this man and it now happens all of a sudden. I let out a shaking breath before opening the door. Reach for the nob twisting it. Here goes nothing.

~~~~~

✨Anthony✨

I stood at the door nervously with flowers in my hand. Why was a so nervous to be around someone that I've known for so long. I shifted wiping my hand on my pants and doing the same on the other side. The door finally opened revealing Y/N looking beautiful as she always does in something so simple. "Hey Y/N, you look amazing." I said, she smiled opening the door wider for me to walk in.

"Thank you, you look handsome." She said, walking in this house is big inside and out. Don't get me wrong my house is pretty big, but not this big. "Thanks, these are for you." I said holding out the flowers. Taking them she thanked me and I followed her into where I'm assuming is the living room.

"Y'all Mack is here. I'll be back I'm going to put these in water." Y/N walking into the kitchen. "Hey y'all." I spoke and they all spoke back. "Okay everybody can go eat, plates are on the dining room table. I followed them to the dining room, grabbing a plate then going into the kitchen. "Everything looks amazing Ms. Alice." I complimented. "Thank you, I hope you enjoy." She said with a welcoming smile. I definitely will.

At the dinner table, everybody sat eating having small conversations with each other

At the dinner table, everybody sat eating having small conversations with each other. "How about those Cowboys Anthony?" Josh asked from what  I know about him he is one of four of Y/N's uncles and a huge Cowgirls, I mean Cowboys fan. "Naw man, Saints where it's at right now. We got Davis, Jenkins, and Smith. We're the best in our division."  I said eating some of the dressing which is amazing.

"Aww here he go. Y'all bearly won against the Seahawks a couple weeks ago." Djay laughed.  "You didn't have to bring that up," I said shaking my head Y/N laughed and I looked over at her. "Not you laughing," I said eyeing her and she stopped, but she still was grinning. "No, not at all,  but you know Cowboys are going to dominate the Saints when they play each other." She lied. 

God, I'm in love with her.

"Y/N/N right and I can put money on it," said Josh drinking some of the cold drank.  "You wanna bet?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Foeshow, how much?" "I say "A thousand," Mikey said."Man, that's almost all my check. This man rich he got a thousand just lying around." Josh said. "Nigga, I'll put in five hundred and you put in five," said Mike.  "Bet, a thousand it is," I said eating ham.  "Bet, Djay I'm putting money on this game, you better not let me down."  Josh said, Djay nodded laughing. They getting their asses handed to them on a platter.

After dinner, we all sat in the living room watching the Bills at Saints game. It was in the fourth quarter with 30 seconds on the clock the score is 25-23, the only that needed to be done is a two-point conversion for the Bills if they got it, it's game over. "The Bills got it." Y/N said with her head on my shoulder. "Sure they do, watch this," I said, as on queue the ball was blocked.

Y/N sat up off of me as I jumped up celebrating. "Y'all got lucky," said Josh. Lucky my ass we beat them fair and square.  "Luck is most definitely what they had." Y/N laughed rolling her eyes.  "Here you go, I gotta convert you," I said sitting back down beside her.  "Never gonna happen." said Y/N.

Towards the end of the night, everybody had gone up to their room leaving Y//N and me alone.  

"Anthony I want to apologize for taking so long with giving you an answer." Y/n said as we stood outside the front door. "It's nothing you don't have to apologize take all the time you need," I said and she nodded. "I really enjoyed you tonight." She said shyly. "Me too, I had fun. Maybe we can get together tomorrow night." I offered with a sly smile.

"Yeah I'd like that," "Y/N/N I need your help." Antoinette said opening the door. "I'll be right in." She said then turned back to me. "Good night Mack." She said before kissing me, her lips tasted like the champagne they had early. I could stay like this forever, she gonna have me wrapped around her finger and she knows it. " Good night." I said once we broke apart.

I walked out to the car, getting in. I waited for her to walk back inside before I pulled off  in the direction of the hotel.