|04|

🦋Y/N🦋

It's been a couple of days since Mama told me about the incident with her and Myles. I have been distracting myself with little stuff around the house when I wasn't working and finally, it's time for me to just relax and spend time with my family. I finished loading Kai's and I bags in the back of my truck and went back in the house.

"Alayah, are you almost ready we still have to get mommy." I said walking into the kitchen to fix some snacks for us. "Almost, I can't find my blacktop that I got from Fashion Nova!" She yelled from upstairs.  "Which one?" I asked while putting everything into different lunch bags. "The one that see-through at the bottom." "It's in your duffel you packed it last night!" I yell back walking into the living room to get Kai.

"Okay, it's time to go Bubba."  I said turning off the tv then walking back into the kitchen to get the snack bags I just made. "Where are we going?" He asked following me. "We are going to New Orleans where mommy and Aunt Alayah grew up." I said giving him his lunch bag.

"Thank you, mama." He thanked. "Your welcome, now come on so we can get you buckled in." I said taking his hand and walking out of the kitchen. "Alayah come on I have to stop by the office to get something before we go get mother!"  I yell walking by the staircase.

"Okay big boy, let's get you in then you can get your iPad," I said picking him and putting him in his car seat, and buckling him in. Once I was done I walk to the hatchback and got his iPad and earphones. I unlocked it as I walk back to him. "What movie do you wanna watch?" I asked looking  at him. "The Incredibles please." answered Kai swinging his legs.  I laughed and opened Disney plus.

"You always watch that movie. Do you like anything else?"  question Layah putting her things in the car. "I like Incredibles two." He said way too seriously.  "Of course you do." laughed Alayah as she walked around to the passenger door.

"Leave my baby alone Layah. Here you go, baby." I put his headphones on and gave him the iPad. "Thanks." I smile then got in the car and starting it. Backing out I called the office from the radio. "Thank you for calling Magnolia Estates. My name is Erin how may I assist you?'' greeted Erin. "Hey E, it's me. I'm on my way up there can you have those files ready for that you called me about yesterday?" I asked stopping at a red light.

"Yes, ma'am they're ready and waiting." He replied. "Thank you. I'll be there in a minute." "No problem." He said. I ended the call by pressing the gas. "Really I thought you said this was a vacation?" "It is, but I just did this because we're going to New Orleans any way and I wouldn't want anyone else to go out of their way when I was going to be right there," I said pulling into the parking lot. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting the files I drove to mom's house to get her. After helping her put her bags in we started towards New Orleans.  "Don't be driving fast with me in this car neither." Mom said.  "Antoinette ain't nobody gonna be driving fast now sit back and enjoy the ride," I said.

"Girl and who are you talking to like that?" "Yo-" Before I could even get the word out she slapped me in the mouth. "Momma." I whine keeping my eyes on the road.  "Stop playing with grown folks. Just cause you grown don't mean you won't get yo as whipped in this car." She said. I could feel her looking upside my head.

"You better stop playing with Mama." Alayah laughs from the back seat. "Right, anyway what we suppose to be doing down there anyway?" Mom asked kicking her feet up on the dashboard.  "In the g-wagon really momma." I thought rolling my eyes. "I want to take Kai to the aquarium, today then we can go out to eat later on tonight and figure out the rest by the day."

"Sounds like a plan." I said as I got onto the interstate. "Well, I'm taking a nap, wake me up when we get there." mom said letting her seat back and putting her jacket over her arms. "Yeah me too." added Alayah.

Leave it to them to go to sleep while I'm doing all the driving. I rolled my eyes turning the music up a little. Well, New Orleans here we come. Home Sweet Home.