|60|

🦋Y/N🦋

I made my way to the bathroom turning on the lights. I had just finished cleaning, the bleach aroma lingers in the air. I walked over to the tub and turned on the water. I let it heat, before plugging it and letting it fill. As it did so I added bubbles and essential oils, I just wanted to relax before I had to leave out.

I took off the shirt, leaving me in only my underwear. Bruising formed on my stomach, that was all I had besides the nose bleed and a few other scratches, but nothing too noticeable. Taking off the panties and putting them in the hamper, I stepped in the tub sitting down slowly.

I turned the water off then sat back resting my head against the bath pillow. I stayed like this for a while with my eyes closed, letting the water relax my body.  The house is quiet I could only assume that Layah's still sleeping or refusing to talk to me, either way, I wanted it to stay like that just for a moment.

Alayah's voice rang through the house, "Y/N!" That was cut short fast. When I didn't answer she called my name again,  followed by her footsteps.  I sigh standing and stepping out of the tub. Once I let the water out I put on my robe and tied it.

Standing in front of the sink I brushed my teeth once I was done I rinsed my mouth out then walked into the room. "I'm coming in," She said, then opened the door. I sat on the bed putting on lotion. "I went out to get you a new phone." She gave me an apple bag. "Thanks." I mumbled taking the bag.

Her attitude had changed, but it doesn't change how a felt about her not believing me and she knew that. "Look I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out the way it did." She said. Even though she apologized I still feel like she's going to throw it in my face whenever she got the chance to.

I nodded, finished putting lotion on. Layah sighs, "I'll meet you downstairs." She closed the door behind her as she walked out.  Once I was done I grabbed the bag and opened it.

It's an iPhone 13 pro max, an upgrade from the 12 mini I had. I took it out of the bag and opened the box. Layah had already set it up and ready to go.  Taking the phone out I threw the box back in the bag and put the phone in my purse and started to get dressed.

Going into the bathroom I did my hair in a quick ponytail

Going into the bathroom I did my hair in a quick ponytail. I laid mg baby hairs, then went back into the room putting on a coat. Grabbing my purse from the bed putting it over my shoulders. Then grabbed my suitcases and made my way downstairs. 

Once everything was loaded in the truck I closed the hatchback door and went back inside. "Lay, you ready?" I asked standing at the living room entrance. She nodded and stood from the couch. "I'll drive," Giving her the keys I turned and went out the door.

She followed behind me pressing the auto start on the key fob.  Once we both were in she started the car and pulled out of the driveway starting towards the interstate.  We had made it there a while later, traffic was backed up because of an 18 wheeler accident.

 "Mack called to check on you earlier, but I was gone

"Mack called to check on you earlier, but I was gone." She said. "What did you tell him?" I asked as I finished setting the rest of my info on the phone. "That you would call him once we made it to New Orleans."   I nodded pressing the sleep/wake button as traffic finally started to move again.

"What are you gonna tell him?"  I jumped my shoulders, "He heard everything so really I don't know." She nodded focusing on the road, I got comfortable as the four-hour drive started.

We made it to the family house a little after 12. The ride wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I could never stay mad at Alayah long. Once I was unpacked I mingled with everybody before heading back up to my room to call Mack.

My heart pounding out of my chest as I pressed the FaceTime icon under his name, I waited anxiously for him to pick up.  Maybe I should hang up, no then he would only call back. The doubt was soon gone when his face appeared on the screen.

"You okay?" "Everything good?" "What the fuck happened?" He rushed panic in his voice. "Hello to you too and I'm okay." He sighs, "Are you lying to me?" "I'm not, I'm fine really." I said, resting my head against the headboard. His eyes scanned my face for any signs of bruising, when he didn't see anything he spoke again.

" I'm gonna take your word for it and not press you about it." Thank God, I didn't want to explain it to him, especially something like that, he probably would've had the same reaction as Layah, I hated lying to him, but I didn't feel comfortable telling him yet.

We stayed on the phone for a while before he had to meet Chris and Sebastian at the airport.  Once we had hung up I went to freshen up before heading downstairs for dinner.

"Y/N/N, are you gonna invite your little friend to the Christmas party?" asked Granny. "If y'all want him to come." I said eating another spoonful of soup. "We do, he part of the family."

"Apart of the family? When did we initiate Mack and Evans in the family?" asked Djay referring to him and the rest of the men sitting at the table. I rolled my eyes here they go with this initiation shit again.

"What, why our men gotta be initiated? We didn't imitate Amari." said Layah. " 'Cause, y'all didn't want to. And it's not really for Anthony more so Chris." Josh said. I almost spit soup everywhere trying not to laugh.

Alayah scoffed, "I don't think I'm the one y'all should be worrying about." I kicked her under the table, see here she go. "What's that suppose to mean?" Pa question leaning up on the table. She rolled her eyes at me before answering. "Nothing, Pa I was just saying. No need to go load your gun."

"Oh, alright now."

After dinner I headed upstairs to bath, once I had finished I changed into pj's and head down to the family theater to watch Christmas movies for the rest of the night.