Chapter 57: The Swirling Orb

~~~

"We can take a 15 minute break. We've been going for quite awhile. Anything more than 15 minutes is unacceptable." The two nodded, although Naruto was a bit reluctant due to the mission involving the Akatsuki.

But Naruto let it go, knowing that it was only 15 minutes. Though a lot of things can happen within those 15 minutes.

Naruto sat on a tree branch, looking up to the night sky with a tired look on his face. Soon enough, he heard a loud thunk right next to him.

"Hey," said Kakashi, sitting next to him with an eye-smile.

"Hi," responded Naruto, not ever letting his gaze leave the limitless night sky that reigned over them and the cosmos.

"You alright?" Asked Kakashi, noticing the black bags under Naruto's eyes. It seemed to Kakashi that Naruto was lacking and unhealthy amount of sleep.

"I'm fine," lied Naruto, not wanting to involve Kakashi in his current problems with himself. Kakashi sighed, not believing Naruto's words for even a second.

"You're lying. You look like a wreck and look extremely tired." Naruto did not give in. He wanted to forget about his problems, not let them resurface for the time being.

But Kakashi pressed on.

"You know, Naruto. You're strong, extremely so, but in the end, even you are human. There are people that rely on you and care for you even if you don't notice. You don't always have to burden yourself with so many things." Naruto looked down tiredly. He decided to speak about it after a few seconds of thinking.

"Maybe I am. But that's just how things are. I'm just tired." Naruto did not have the ability to put things into words. It was odd for Naruto, but he found speaking out on his emotions difficult.

Outside of someone like Kurama -- he's an exception due to him always listening to what Naruto was thinking from time to time.

"Even if you are tired, it's still good for you to reach out to people who can help you." Naruto stayed silent, only nodding to those words. But Naruto knew better -- he couldn't just 'talk' to someone about his problems.

He was withholding personal problems that people will disagree with. Well, disagree with the way Naruto was going to do it. In the end, Naruto was beginning to contradict himself.

The only way I'm going to get help is if I reach out to someone who has done it. Naruto immediately thought of the one person who has committed such an act closest to the one that he was thinking of commiting.

Uchiha Itachi.

But there is no way for me to come in contact with him. But if there was a way, my question for him would be obvious. How did he do it? Naruto thought to himself, standing up as they prepared to head towards Sunagakure once more.

~~~

As the sun slowly rose from the ashes, Deidara and Sasori walked alongside each other with Gaara attached to the clay bird that tailed behind.

As they continued to walk, a yell could be heard from behind.

"Gaara!" They turned around, seeing a male wearing a large amount of war-paint that was all around his face. Kankuro grit his teeth, standing right behind them.