Chapter seventeen

Her eyes were dull and worried.

I didn't want to give her the satisfaction that I cared about what she was thinking,

I didn't want to give anyone that satisfaction.

But I asked her, if she was okay.

"Yeah.. I'm fine"

She looked away from me.

Chewing on her pointer finger nail.

I pushed harder on the gas, giving the speed of 68 rather than the limit of 55.

I knew doing this would trigger her to tell me to slow down, so we wouldn't get pulled over.

Willow was good, she didn't do bad things.

But she didn't even notice the sudden change, she just stared out the window.

"Bro, Ally said to just meet her at the beach, she brought a swim suit for you Willow"

And that's when I knew what was up, her cheeks sunk, her eyes fell and she dropped her hands to her thighs.

Only nodding.

Him mentioning the swim suit scared her.

An maybe I knew why.

....

Not long after we got to the beach, it was pretty empty but the weather was perfect.

Not too warm but not cold.

As soon as I parked the car, Ian ran out and towards the girl walking towards us in a small bikini showing off every inch of her tan skin.

Willow didn't get out right away, she hesitantly set her hand on the door.

"I can take you home, you don't have to stay"

She shook her head.

"No it's fine,... Shawn"?

She looked at me.

"Yeah"?

"You said you would tell me what happened last night. So what happened"?

She seemed so worried.

I didn't like her like this, I liked the Willow she was when she first woke up.

Carefree.

"Um.. Nothing major, you drank. Followed me upstairs, we fucked then you went to sleep"

I joked and a slight smile creased her lips, she shook her head.

"Nah, all of that besides the fucking"

"Did I shower"?

She blurted out.

"Yeah.." I didn't think that was a necessary detail.

"Did I.. Did you.. See me"?

I watched her facial expressions, how they changed so quickly from worried to scared to terrified.

If she was acting this way for what I thought she was, I figured I'd save her the worry.

"No. I left till you were done"

She breathed out.

"So you didn't see.. My body right"?

I scrunched my nose.

Why the fuck would it matter?

Yeah, I did see her body and not a thing was wrong with it.

"Nope" I lied, opening my door and letting the air smack me in the face.

We all walked down to the water, the whole time Willow staying far behind.

I didn't want to speak, I wasn't sure why it got on my nerves so bad.

Why couldn't she stay the way she was this morning?

Not afraid to move her lips and let any words leave?

Now she was stuck in her own little world.

"It's cold" The Ally girl dug her toes in the sand.

I crossed my arms, staring out at the sun set and noticing for myself how cold the ocean really was.

I wasn't a big fan beaches.