Chapter thirty five

His cheeks sunk in and eyes turned a dark, confused color.

I knew the moment those words fell from my lips, I hadn't thought them through very carefully.

Shawn hadn't asked me out, but we'd talked about so much and opened up so much, were we dating?

"Ohhh! How cute, we'll I gotta get going but call me sometime babe." She smirked at Shawn in a friendly way before running off towards the giant glass doors that would lead outside to the cold winds.

I began to fiddle with my fingers as Shawn turned to look at me, pulling his arm from my gentle grip.

"Girlfriend?" His eye brows raised but before I had the chance to respond, he stormed off, clearly unpleased with my choice of words.

"Shawn.. Wait a second" I caught up to him, walking in a fast pace.

I didn't understand why he was so angry.

"Were not dating Willow" He stopped, looking at me but relaxing his face almost in a sympathetic way.

I tried to say something but it was just a pathetic sound.

"I'm sorry.. I don't mean to come off as an asshole"

Why did it need to be made so clear that we weren't dating? Was it honestly still so hard for him to let me become something more than what we already were?

"It's fine" I looked down, pulling the grey sweatshirt of his tighter to my waist and keeping my gaze on the floor.

"Hey hey" His pointer finger came in above my chin and slowly lifted it up.

"It's not that I don't want you to be Will..."

But.

There was always a but.

"But I don't want to rush things"

He sounded sincere.

I could understand where Shawn was coming from, we hadn't known each other that long but did we really need to get to know each other more before going forward?

I wanted to know him more, I knew I was going too but I didn't get why it mattered so much that I wasn't his girlfriend in order to do that.

"I get it Shawn, its okay" His eyes searched our surroundings before leaning down to kiss my lips.

My cheeks flushed red and I set my hand on his chest, smirking through it.

"You got some kinda effect on me ya know that handsome"? He shrugged, smiling.

"That's me"

.......

"PEN"! I threw my arms around my baby sister and squeezed her tiny body as tight as I could without breaking something.

Her fragile arms locked themselves around my neck.

"WILL! IV MISSED YOU" I laughed, breathing in her smell of cupcakes and apple juice.

"Iv missed you too princess. I'm sorry iv been gone so long" I frowned, she backed up a bit, holding my finger nail and examining the pink nail polish.

"It's okay! Ally told me you were with a boy" Her cheeks flushed red.

I raised my eye brows, trying to contain the smile.

"Well... Someone did have to drive me here ya know"

"WAS IT HIM WAS IT HIM"! She threw her hands over her mouth excitedly.

"It was. You wanna meet him"? Her breath taking blue eyes widened, which clarified yes.

I stood up all the way, brushing my bum with my hands.

"Shawn, come in here"