Chapter fourty six

"Did I"? He smirked, taking my hand from my thigh and running his thumb up and down my skin.

I searched his face, trying to smile at how frustrated and happy this boy made me.

But I didn't say anything else, I just let him drive as we both watched the road in comforting silence.

Shawn had his tricks, I just didn't realize I was part of one until he parked the mustang in an all too familiar spot.

I shook my head back and fourth.

"Your one of a kind aren't you"?

"Well duh" He leaned in, kissing my cheek before stepping out of the vehicle.

I did the same.

The grass was shiny with little water droplets painted on each small piece.

Woods full of giant oaks only just ahead.

It felt like only last week he brought me here for the first time, and it blew my mind thinking how much had truly happened sense then.

It wasn't a week ago, it was months ago and this spot was the change of my whole life.

"Come on" He took my hand again, leading me over the small sticks and leafs, brushing against bark, the light sprinkle of rain hitting our foreheads.

"Don't slip" I laughed as he stepped onto the bridge, even more beer bottles were plastered around but it didn't beat the beauty of the river.

"Remember when I first brought you here"? He dug his hands in his pockets, staring ahead at nature.

I nodded, rubbing my arms for warmth.

"I thought you were gonna kill me" I laughed, shaking my head, watching his small, gentle movements.

"You tried to get me to swim with you, but I was terrified.." My laughter died as I thought of the reason why I was so scared.

He turned to me.

Bringing his palms to cup my rosy red cheeks.

I forgot about what we were talking about as soon as my eyes met his.

"Willow"?

"Hmm.." I pecked his lip slowly.

"I love you."

"I love you too Shawn"

We both looked up at the sky as the droplets grew.

"I know it means a lot to you that we.. Put a label on it" He smiled.

I laughed a little.

"Don't put it that way,"

"It means a lot to me too, it's just hard too let someone in, all the way"

I nodded, listening.

"But it's taken me too long to finally admit that."

I kissed him again.

"It's taken me even longer to ask you this.."

I closed my eyes, the rain falling heavily now.

He kissed my nose.

And my forehead.

"Willow, will you officially be my girlfriend"?

I smiled.

Opening my eyes back up and just looked at this human being.

"I would love too Mr. Mendes"

...

I KNOW ITS SHORT IM POSTING MORE TONIGHT I PROMISE 💜

HOW CUTE IS THIS THO? 😩

(I'm getting two baby kittens today 😼)