Chapter fourty five

My stomach turned with anger and confusion.

Why would Shawn tell the whole school?

This was OUR business not anyone else's.

"What"? I stopped in my tracks, looking this stranger dead in the eye.

He bit the inside of his cheeks, looking scared to speak another word.

"Ahh..."

He didn't answer.

I shook my head, whipping out my phone and going to mine and Shawn's messages.

To: Mr. Mendes 🎸💙

How do people know about last night??

From: Mr. Mendes 🎸💙

I honestly have no clue. People have been asking me all morning.

To: Mr. Mendes 🎸💙

Meet me in the lot okay?

...

He quickly replied with an okay, I told Al I'd see her later before practically running out the front doors.

I really hoped what that boy told me wasn't true, I didn't want the whole entire school knowing.

It may be different for Shawn because people knew about him, he didn't care what others thought but that wasn't me.

"Why is your face so pale"? His hand poked my cheek as I met him leaning against the black mustang.

"Did you tell people"? I asked, pulling my cardigan tighter around my waist.

It was windy out.

"No? I mean.. People know but it didn't come from me and what's the big deal anyway?"

What's the big deal?

I lost my virginity to him and every one and their fucking mother knows the next day, but hey, no big deal.

"Shawn I don't want people to know. They can assume all they want but when one of us confirms it to a complete stranger people start to come up with all these other things and I don't want us to be the talk of the school"

He just stared back at me confused, wanting to laugh at how ridiculous I sounded.

"Neither of us confirmed it so you have nothing to worry about"

"Your right.." I nodded.

We didn't confirm it.

"But how are people just suddenly assuming when we actually did do it"? I chewed the skin on bottom lip.

Maybe it was just a coincidence?

"Why would it be so bad for people to know anyway? I mean... They could just think your one of the other girls I've slept with" The words fumbled off his lips.

So it was okay to him if everyone we knew just thought I was 'another one of the girls'.

Cool Shawn.

"Nice." Was all I said before turning away back to the giant building.

Maybe it didn't matter to him, but it mattered to me and the fact that he could just say something like that hurt me even if it shouldn't have.

I didn't want to be considered one of the many people Shawn Mendes fucked.

I thought I wasn't considered that but maybe I was wrong.

"Willow" He groaned.

I didn't look back.

....

Shawn's POV-

"Are you gonna talk to me yet"? I asked as the car ignition started.

She hadn't said a word or even looked at me sense this morning in the lot.

I didn't mean for it to come out that way, but it was true, as long as we knew the truth who cared what others thought?

I didn't understand why it ticked her off so bad.

"No" She stared out the window.

Her long brown hair lightly swaying in the breeze of the wind.

"Your acting ridiculous babe" Rolling my eyes, I pulled out of the school zone.

She stayed quiet.

"Am not"

"Are too"

"Nope"

"Yup"

"Stop" She looked at me now, holding back the smallest laugh.

I smirked.

"It's cute when your mad"

"I'm not mad" She argued.

I watched as her eyes dug into mine, wether Willow came off as the happiest girl to live on certain days or the saddest, you could always seen pain.

A never ending pain in the blue orbs of hers.

"Ahh okay, says every girl alive when their pissed at their boyfriend"

She looked at me.

Confused.

"What"? I asked, turning on my blinker.

"You just said you were my boyfriend"