95

"Would you like to press charges"? The lady at the investigation office asked me, glasses sitting on the tip of her nose as she typed endlessly on the keyboard. I had been sitting here answering questions for what felt like hours and hours when all I wanted to do was desperately see Shawn. I couldn't pick him up until the police knew exactly what went down and why.

"Um..." I chewed the skin on my bottom lip, running my hands up and down my thighs. I didn't know what I wanted to do, yes, I wanted Ben to have consequences for what he did and what he planned to do but I also really didn't want anymore drama, I just wanted all of this to disappear.

"Yes.." I finally made my choice, hoping I wouldn't regret this down the road. She nodded her head and started typing some more, I already explained everything that happened, I wanted her to tell me I was free to go and get Shawn.

"Okay.. someone from the investigation department will be in contact with you shortly" She smiled. I happily thanked her and scooted my ass out of there as fast as possible. The jail was just across the street so I practically ran over.

As I pushed the glass doors open, there were police officers wondering around all over and a tall man sitting at the front desk. I'd never been inside a jail before and I expected it to be much more dirty and scary looking but this place was actually pretty neat.

"How can I help you" He didn't look up from the news paper he was ready in his hands, a cup of coffee and box of donuts sitting next to him.

"I'm here for Shawn Mendes" I couldn't get the words out fast enough.

The man set his news paper down and started searching on his laptop for what I assumed was Shawn's File.

"His Bail is $400" He looked up to me, his eyes pointing to the debut card reader in front of me, hinting to pay there.

I rolled my eyes and stuck my card in the reader.

I didn't exactly have 400 to throw away but I would spend 1000 on Shawn if I had to.

"You can wait over there, we'll have him out in a moment" He pointed to the chairs across the room, I thanked him and walked over. Sitting down in the cold plastic, watching the door where people came in a out, hoping I'd see Shawn come around that corner. I kept thinking about his face last night and all the blood id saw, I just wanted to clean him up and make him feel better.

"Willow"? I heard his voice, his tall frame came running towards me. The first thing I noticed was his swollen eye and fresh cuts. I threw my arms around him and hugged him tight.

"Oh my god Shawn" I couldn't hug him long enough, I pulled away and started to kiss his lips over and over and over again, he winced in pain.

"I'm so sorry baby..." I covered my mouth with my hands in shock as I looked him over. He looked utterly terrible, there was still dried blood on his clothes an skin.

"Let's get home" He nodded as I spoke, walking hand in hand out of there.

....

Once we made it home I pulled Shawn into the bathroom and got him as cleaned up as I could, before running a warm shower for him. He didn't say much, he just looked very tired.

"I'll go get the bed ready for you" I told him, getting ready to head out the doors.

"Willow wait" He called from inside the shower, the steam rising from the top and covering the mirror.

"Yeah"? I peaked my head through the curtain. He stood with his eyes closed, letting the water run down his face. I watched as blood leaked into the drain below.

"Get in with me" He whispered. At first I wanted to say no but I quickly changed my mind and stripped down to nothing. As I stepped into the shower and let the water hit my skin. Shawn wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in close to his chest and resting his head on my shoulder.

We stood there in silence, embracing each other, all I cared abut was him feeling better and I felt so close and loved by him. As messed up as my life was and as confusing as our relationship was, I knew no one would ever make me as happy as this man right here.

"You have a bump" He spoke softly, letting out a small giggle.

"What? No way" I backed up, disrupting his relaxation. I ran my hand across my lower abdomen and shocked myself. He was right, it seemed like over night I had this tiny little bump formed.

"I love you girls" Shawn kissed my wet forehead.

"Girls"? I raised an eyebrow, smiling at his comment.

"Yes, you and my daughter"

"How do you know it's a girl"?

"Because I do" He kissed my lips, shutting me up. I laid my head on his chest.

His girls.