Chapter fourty nine

"I um... You never," I tried to speak but watching how much urge and anger Shawn had in him made it impossible to get the words out.

He never told me about his parents,

I'd never asked, I thought when he was ready he'd tell me.

I should have asked.

"They haven't been home in months. Their not staying there"

He squeezed the leather wheel, not bothering to stop at the red light.

I set my hand on the dash, trying to control which ways my body swayed.

"Will you please slow down"

"Fuck. What makes them think they can just show up? After leaving me, they took Aaliyah..."

His sister.

"Shawn." I reached over, taking one his palms in mine, bringing the front of his soft hand up to my lips.

"Calm down babe"

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of him"

I squeezed his hand.

"Stop that."

Sooner than I'd hoped, we pulled into his driveway.

He shut off the car and slowly walked inside, I hesitantly followed, wrapping my arms around his bicep.

As soon as the handle turned on the door, my heart began to beat rapidly.

I knew what had happened between Shawn and his family was just that, between them.

Not me,

But if I could prevent him from doing something physical, I would.

"Shawn? Is that you" A women's voice took over our ears, I could hear quick heels clanking the wooden floor towards us.

"Shawn"??? She came around the corner, I slowly shut the door behind me.

The women had long brown hair and eyes that bleeded Shawn's name.

She wore a tight business dress, black glasses sat atop her head.

She cupped her hands over her mouth, instantly crying out.

I looked up at Shawn, his body loosened and a flood of hurt and confusion ran through his popped out veins.

I rubbed his arm slowly.

"Baby boy" She walked closer but he only backed up, taking me with him.

What happened between them?

"Please Shawn I'm so sorry"

Tears streamed down her red cheeks.

I didn't know what to think, in the pit of my stomach it felt terrible watching his mom cry like that and he wanted nothing to do with her.

I wanted to understand

"Where's my sister"? His eyes softened, looking around the living room.

Suitcases were spread across the floors.

"She's in her room, she won't come out until she sees you"

It was so clear how much he loved his sister, just like I loved P.

"Come with me" He dropped his hand to grab mine and we practically ran up the stairs.

As soon as we stopped in front of the door id never really paid much attention too, he took a deep breath.

"I'm gonna stay" I reached up, kissing his jaw line.

"Don't leave"

"I wouldn't think of it"

He nodded. Giving me one last look before opening the door and heading in.

I leaned against the wall, thinking this whole thing over.

I felt terrible for never asking Shawn, I mean, he asked me so much about my family and I was an open book.

Shawn on the other hand, he wasn't.

Asking him such personal questions was like trying to get an animal to speak.

But I should have tried.

"Who are you"? My heart practically stopped as a deep mans voice left the other room Ian had said was 'lonely'.

"I'm um..."

"Who? C'mon now spit it out" He wore a suite and tie, dress shoes with his hair slicked back.

He was handsome for an older man but his attitude made you want to punch him.

"Shawn's Girlfriend"

He laughed.

I furrowed my eye brows.

"That won't last long. Where is the trouble maker anyway"?

Trouble maker?

Was this really his father?

"With his sister"

"Let me tell you something about that boy of mine" he walked closer, my body stiffened.

"He has a problem with sticking around the same people for too long, he's gonna leave you. He left his family. What does that tell you"?

He laughed again, patting my shoulder and moving past me down the stairs.

I didn't say a word back.

...

GUYS OVER 600 VOTES OMG YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA I LVE YOOU