Chapter seventy four

My ears rang as I felt the sting of salt connect with my lips. Martini with a lemon on the side, always a great way to start the night.

Drinking hadn't always been a problem, I knew how to control myself after my parents left but sense they've returned and sense I lost a big part of myself, I don't care to control it anymore.

"Shawn? Are you even listening to me"? Amanda waved a hand in front of my face, twirling a piece of her fake blonde locks.

I cleared my throat, knowing I needed water and not this.

"Sorry.. What were you saying"?

She frowned at my lack of acknowledgment towards her drama filled stories.

Amanda had grown more un important to me every day but I couldn't leave her.

I couldn't, and trust me, I wanted too.

"God you make it so clear how much you care. I am trying to introduce you to my friend, Lyla"

I finally noticed the short, dazed looking girl to Amanda's side.

I gave a small wave and a half smile,

"Shawn"

"Lyla" She giggled, waving back.

I could notice Amanda watching my every move, like she always had.

She would introduce me to her mom and accuse of flirting later on.

"It was nice to meet you, and see you Amanda but I should really be getting back to my friends. They're probably furious with me" Lyla spoke, she gave off a goofy vibe but seemed kind.

"Well, we'll come. Where are they"? Amanda gripped my wrist, tugging me off the bar bench stool.

I chugged the rest of my drink sloppily and followed as they led the way down the peer and onto the beach.

I loved the sound of the ocean, the only thing that could really soothe my thoughts these last few months.

"I'm not really sure, Ally's probably wherever there are boys and.."

She continued to speak but as soon as she said that name my mind wondered off.

Ally, the last time I heard that name Ian was rambling on and on about how much of a whore she was.

God I hadn't even seen my best friend in weeks.

"She's more of the quiet type, kinda stays back in the crowd but has a heart of gold"

Amanda's hand clung tighter to mine as we walked further and further towards a fire with people gathered around it.

She had the evilest smirk on her
face, the one she got when she had a master plan to ruin someone's day.

I wasn't even surprised and I didn't
care to hear what it was.

"Enough about me and my friends though, how long have you two been together"? Lyla smiled towards us, I let Amanda answer.

Not really knowing the answer.

I didn't want to comprehend I was actually in a relationship with this girl, made me sick.

"Three months! Well, we've known each other forever but Shawn got himself jumbled in a mess with this yucky girl, I saved him" She quickly kissed my cheek, waiting for me to agree with her.

I didn't say anything.

"That's really awesome. There's al" Lyla ran ahead a few feet to a girl who's back was facing us.

My heart slowed down as I realized who exactly it was.

Ally.

It was Ally.

How was Willow? Did she know? Would she tell me?

"Ally," I pulled my hand away from Amanda's and caught up to Lyla.

As soon as she heard my voice her head sprung around.

I could feel my breathing increase, having so much to ask all at once.

"Shawn Mendes, of course you're here"

"Amanda"?

We both turned back towards the fire.

Across the blazing light, Infront of the crashing waves stood a beautiful women.

She had this long, dark, wavy hair that had grown even longer sense I last saw her.

Her eyes were like a bullet of pain hitting me as hard as a brick.

I felt sick, really sick.

"Willow"?

"..Shawn"?