Chapter seventy one

A week never seemed like long, a month never seemed long, twenty four hours never seemed like long.

But when you spend minutes, hours, days, weeks and even months over analyzing that very moment when your ribs cradled in and your lungs stopped pumping, your hands never stopped sweating and your cheeks seemed to be permanently caved in.

When your finger nails are forever vanished, lips bled from chewing them so deeply and so often, eyes stung every cold morning, busy afternoon and lonely night.

An hour, a day, a week, a month.

They all felt forever, and forever was a very long time.

"Willow? Could you please pass me my glass of water"?

Toby's voice wiped away the fog of my brain and vanished the thoughts.

I cleared my throat, wiping my palms on the dark washed skinny jeans and nodding.

The water droplets caught my knuckles, condensation beaming off the glass.

I felt the coldness sting my skin after a bit but as soon as I handed it to Toby, all was well.

He was propped up in a hospital bed which was placed in the living room of his home,

Our home,

Whatever it's suppose to be called.

"Thanks honey"

He chugged the liquid down quickly, taking a giant breath of air when finished.

Discovery channel planned on the flat screen before him, the remote control close by.

He had woken up from the coma the very night Shawn disappeared and had been sent home a month later.

I had decided to stay at Ally's house with Pen until I could come up with something more stable but we visited Toby almost every day.

"Willow have you seen your closest? I hope you know I'm taking all your clothes"

Ally called from down the stairs, excitement flowing off her lips.

I smiled weakly,

"You good down here? I'm gonna head upstairs"

He nodded, replying with a thank you as I rushed off into my room.

The paint on the walls always caught my attention, I spent so many years passing by old and now it was new, it was what mom would have wanted.

"Look at this!! Why have you never worn this"?

Her long blonde hair was fluttering around the air as she held up a long, narrow black sun dress.

It was the type that shaped your curves perfectly,

"Toby bought that months ago, I haven't really even looked in here.."

I was shocked too see just how many outfits Toby had picked out for me, and how many were actually cute.

Was my dad gay at one point?

"Can we please please please go out tonight and find some..." She stopped her word once her eyes finally met my expression,

All the color was drained for my face,

I pursed my lips.

"I'm sorry will.. I know you're not ready"

I shook my head, as if to say it was alright and I shouldn't be so dramatic.

I couldn't fathom the thought of being with anyone else.

It made me sick.

"We can go" I tried to push away the rush of emotions and pull myself from this black whole he had to put me in.

It had been almost five months

"No.. No I wouldn't make you.."

She sat on the end of my bed, holding the item of clothing in a loose grasp and frowning.

I stopped her by shaking my head.

"It's fine Al, Pen can go with Karen and John if that's okay with them, and me and you will go to the peer"

It took her a few seconds to process what exactly I was saying,

A few weeks after the whole thing went down, I had her cooped up with me in her house, she practically had to bed me to leave just to go to the grocery store.

I was so afraid of running into him

But gradually we started going out more and more, I just hated the thought of going out to meet a guy.

"Are you sure"? She swallowed and as soon as I nodded, her cheeks turned a bright pink color.

A wide smile.

"YAY OH MY GOD YOUR HAVE TO WEAR THIS"

...

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??? ITS BEEN A WHILE