Chapter fourty eight

"Class, settle down now, settle down" Mr. Winn did his usual hand signal to quiet the room.

I wrote my name neatly at the top of my blank paper,

Willow Right 3/14/15

"Now, I hope you all have your projects started by now and I'd like to hear some ideas"

His shiny shoes tapped the floor, eyeing each and every students who tried to hide behind binders or note books.

We hadn't started our project yet,

My view on love?

Our view on love?

"Gilinsky? How about you"? (I had to add someone and hey, why not Jack Gilinsky himself 😌)

He gently nudged the boy with black hair who was nearly asleep.

He was simply gorgeous, everyone thought so and he was quite talkative, when he wasn't sleeping.

"Ahhh.., project?"

People giggled at his confusion.

"Yes, project Jack"

"Right.." He rubbed his eyes, sitting up.

"My view of love is sharing your food with someone. You gotta love in order to do that"

Everyone laughed, Mr. Winn hushed us while rolling his eyes.

"Gilinsky"

"Nah, I'm kidding. Mines on taking a situation, it can be a memory or a story and creating a song out of it. Weather it's sad or happy, people learn to love the music... I guess, that's what love is too me"

I nodded, listening.

Shawn hit my arm from my left.

"Ow" I faced him, sticking out my tongue.

"Your totally checking Gilinsky out" His eye brows were furrowed together.

Shawn was cute as hell when Jealous.

Well, he was cute as hell all the time.

"I only got eyes for you babe" My cheeky words caused him to chuckle, running his hands through his hair leaning back in his seat as always.

"Corny couple alert" Ally fake coughed from behind us.

"Shush" I blew her a kiss, quietly so mr. Winn didn't freak on us.

"Very good Jackson, anyone else"? I made sure not to make eye contact with him as he began to walk down my isle.

I didn't have a problem talking in class, learning was the only thing I considered myself good at but I didn't have an answer for,

My view on love

"Ahhh, Willow Right. Would you mind sharing"?

Fuck.

"Um.. I haven't,..come up with something solid yet" He frowned, following my facial expressions.

"What about Mr. Mendes here"?

Shawn smirked, shaking his head.

"Sorry pal, I don't love much"

Lie.

"Pal"? Mr. Winn raised an eye brow toward the boy centimeters from me.

Shawn just continued to smirk.

I swear he had no care in the world for the trouble he could get himself into.

"That's Mr. Winn to you, and I would like you to stay after today please, if you can"

"I can't" He replied.

I rolled my eyes.

"What about tomorrow"?

Everyone in class was staring our way.

Shawn shook his head again.

"Nope"

"Well, okay.. I'll tell you what I need too whenever your free" With that he walked off to call on another kid.

I glared at Shawn,

"You were being an ass"

"How"?

"He wanted to talk to you, you could have stayed after for five minutes Shawn"

He didn't reply, just simply rested his hand on my thigh under the desk and focused on scrolling through his phone.

Not soon after the bell rang,

Everyone rumbled to get there things and follow the crowd in the hall, I threw my paper in my smallest pocket.

"You guys wanna hang tonight? It's Friday and surprisingly I have no plans" Al sighed loudly, twirling her silky hair.

Shawn rushed out the door, not waiting.

"What's his problem"? She typed away on her cell.

I shrugged.

"He was fine this morning"

"So hang or no"? We entered the hall, pushing past people who were practically having sex on the tile floors.

"Yeah, what about Pen"?

"Oh! I've been meaning to ask you, my parents are going on a small vaca to Hawaii I think and they offered to take Penelope"

My eyes widened.

"They'd do that? What? Are you sure? Oh my god.."

I fucking loved Ally's parents.

Damn.

"Of course they'd do that. They love her, both of you" She smiled.

I side hugged her.

"I'm coming over and thanking the shit out of them. She's gonna have so much fun"

I couldn't wait too tell P.

"where'd ya boy run off too"? She changed subjects, searching the crowd.

"Probably in his car. I'll come over later okay? Love you"! I blew a joking kiss, she returned it with a wave as I rushed off out the doors.

Shawn's car was started and backed up out of its spot.

I put my palm above my forehead to block the sun.

"Let's go!!" He called from out the window.

I quickly walked over to the vehicle.

Throwing my bag in the back seat and hopping in the front.

As soon as my buckle clipped he sped out of the lot.

I gripped the side of my seat.

"What's wrong? Jesus Shawn slow down"

He didn't speak.

"Did something happened that I missed"?

"My parents are home"

His parents?