Chapter eigty four

I stood there for a moment, holding the box in my hand.

Should I open it?

What if?

No way.

Willow do not open it, it's not yours

But.. what if?

Would he?

No way.

Oh fuck it

I flipped the lid open fast, but before I was able to even get a glimpse of what was inside I heard footsteps trailing down the hall way.

I slammed it shut and pushed it back exactly where it was to begin with.

"Babe, you comin"? Shawn peeped his head around the corner, his hair slicked back like he had just spent hours doing it, a cigarette clenched between his fingers, not yet lit.

"Really"? I raised an eye brow, my eyes hinting at the cancer stick he had intentions on sticking in his mouth and burning his lungs to a crisp.

"Fine" He huffed, chucking it across the room into the nearest trash can, making it in one shot.

I smiled satisfied.

"Lets go"

...

"Why do you have to be so annoying? I ordered the meal you liked, I got you desert, you're such an ass Ian I SWEAR" Ally's load groans could be heard all over the park as her and Ian fought over food for the last half an hour.

Those two were worse than me and Shawn, and that was saying a lot.

"Wanna pretend we're not with them"? I whispered to Shawn jokingly as he chomped down his sand which and the other half of mine.

We sat underneath a giant oak tree, the branches hiding us from the hot sun.

He nodded in agreement, starring off into the distance as all the people sat and ate, walked their dogs, read a book or played on the play ground.

I couldn't get the thought of that box out of my head.

Was it what I thought it was?

"Awe baby, that's so sweet" Ally pulled me from my thoughts as she gushed over the shiny bracelet Ian had whipped out of his back pockets, they were now all over each other, kissing, hugging.

What the fuck was wrong with them?

I rolled my eyes and laughed, leaning back on the blanket so my elbows were holding up my torso and grabbed my phone from my pocket.

I missed Call-

Unknown Number

Two unread messages-

Unknown Number

So you finally got your way didn't you? You just HAD to sneak your way back in?

I sat up quickly, re-reading the words over again in my head.

Was this who I thought it was?

Watch your back Willow. I know he doesn't love you, he doesn't want to be with you he just feels bad because daddy beat you and mommy got murdered. Your his charity case so he can feel better about his own shitty life. Shawn will come back to me, he always does. It's just a matter of time, and you know it.

Amanda.

It was her.

"What's wrong"? Shawn leaned over towards me, grabbing the bottle of water that had been resting up against the tree.

I clicked the power button on my phone until the screen went black.

"Nothing"

"You sure"? He questioned, concerned.

I nodded my head and laid down flat, starring up at the sky.

I didn't even want to think about her, about the text, about any of it. This girl was trying so hard to ruin my life and as much as I hated giving her the power that I cared and I hated feeling this pathetic, Shawn left me for her last time.

Was she right?

What was stopping him from doing it again?