Chapter four

"I didn't mean..." I couldn't find my words. It was like someone took my tongue and twisted it in a knot.

"It's fine. Just watch where your going next time." He wiped his legs, groaning in the action.

I stood awkwardly. Not knowing what to say or do.

"Can I help you."? He looked up after a second.

"Umm..." Bathroom, ask him if he knows where the bathroom is.

"Do you know where the bathroom is." My voice was tiny and weak.

"Straight that way." I nodded.

"I'm sorry again.."

"I said it's fine." And with that he pushed past me.

He had quite the attitude.

"Wait."! I turned back, he stopped and spun around, raising one eye brow.

"I can help get the stain out, so.. So it doesn't stain." He looked down at the reddish spot on his tan Khakis.

Wine.

"Okay." I walked ahead to the door he pointed towards seconds ago and we walked in together.

"Make this quick, I have people to talk to." He sat on the side of the tub. I knew nothing about this bathroom but I assumed cleaning products were under the sink, so I opened the doors and looked through.

"Um... No, no.. Not that." I didn't realize I was mumbling to myself while searching through.

"If you can't find it.."

"Here."! I pulled out the stain a-way spray hidin in the back. And spun around to meet his eyes.

My butt had been in his face the whole time, lovely.

"I'm just gonna spray some on, let it sit and then I'll use a wash cloth to wipe it up. Should be good as knew." I got on my knees and yanked the dress down, feeling more uncomfortable by the second.

"Are you a mom or something."? He asked once I sprayed it twice.

"No." I laughed slightly.

"I have a five year old sister, she happens to get in messes all the time and I clean up after my dad a lot to. I do the laundry in the family. Penelope is quite the messy kid..."

I was babbling. But when I looked up, he was staring at me, listening and interested in what I was saying.

Or at least he was good at pretending to be interested.

"I'm sorry.."

"Stop saying that."

"Saying what."? I set the spray bottle on the floor and stood up.

"Your sorry. It's pretty annoying." He looked down, watching the white fuzz his pants.

I leaned up against the sink and looked him over. This boy really had an attitude to him.

"I'm.." I caught myself. He looked up at me, slightly smiling.

"Is Penelope your sister."? He asked and my heart seemed to calm down as his voice met my ears.

"Yeah.."

"I have a sister." It blew my mind he was actually talking, attempting to have a conversation.

"What's her name."?

"Aaliyah." He watched his pants again. I couldn't help but notice the way his hair shaved off on the sides but stood up in the front or how his finger tips had lines across them like he took string of some sort and ran his skin over them.

"How old."?

"11.." He touched the fuzz.

"Shawn."! I laughed, he chuckled.

"What."?

"You can't touch it! It has chemicals in it." He put his hands up in defense.

"My bad. How much longer." I grabbed the rag from behind me and got back on my knees.

"Now." I wiped the fuzz off and sure enough, the stain was gone.

"Damn, Right. Your good." He smiled. I stopped, looking at him.

"What."? He asked after a second.

He knew my name, well. My last name anyway.

"Nothing..um, your good as knew." He jumped up and I stood up as well. Pulling my dress down yet again.

"What about you."? He pointed to my clothing, I shrugged.

"It's black."

"Right. Well, I'm gonna head out." He set his hands on the metal knob and every muscle in my body screamed for me to not let him go.

"Shawn."

"Yeah."? He turned around.

"Will I see you Monday?.. For the studying.." He looked down at his shoes then back up at me.

"Maybe."

And he left.

~~~~~

The party went by slowly, I didn't see him again that night.

And well, I couldn't get him out of my head the biggest thing on my mind was walking through those doors at home.

"Hello..."? I creaked open the door, looking left and right for dad to appear out of anywhere. Penelope would already be In bed, it was 1:06 AM..

I set my heels and backpack on the island stool and slowly, quietly made my way to the stairs. Holding in my breaths as I went.

"Willow."?? Fuck.

His voice was deep, slurred and almost impossible to understand. I heard walking and I clenched my eyes shut.

"Do you k..know what time it is."????!?! He was there. Right behind me.

I didn't want to turn.

"LOOK AT ME."!

His hand gripped my shoulder and spun me around, his eyes were black.

Just like his heart.

"ANSWER MY QUESTION." He spit, alcohol meeting my nostrils. His hand squeezed my shoulder harder and I could practically hear the bones crushing

"I.. I'm sorry.. I.."

"SHIT."! His free hand came across, the glass bottle in it.

Slowly,

In slow motion,

My eyes watched as the bottle came.

Smacking me fast and hard.

Right in the cheek.