Chapter thirty eight

Willow slept peacefully the rest of the night, along with Penelope.

I felt a sense of comfort having both of them at my house, like I was doing something good for once.

Because they really had no where else to stay and of course id want this to be their first option.

"Willow"? I nudged her shoulder as she cuddled herself into my chest, one leg rested across my own.

My alarm clock blinked the time, 8:07AM.

It was pouring out but my stomach was rumbling.

I wanted to go make breakfast downstairs.

"Hmmm.." She groaned, keeping her eyes closed shut.

I chuckled at her sleepiness, deciding to let her carry on the slumber.

"Never mind babe, go back to sleep" I carefully moved her off of me and tucked the blankets to take my place before hopping out of my bed and quickly down stairs.

Penelope was still snuggled, almost lost in the couch cushions with a thumb in her mouth.

I ran my hands through my hair, messy bed head while entering the kitchen.

Of course, the fridge was just alcohol, I'd never really needed anything else.

Penelope couldn't have that when she woke up and I didn't want to make her drink foset water so id need to get some drinks.

I moved onto the cupboards, all they contained were a little pancake mix left and half a cereal box.

When's the last time I went shopping?

"Shit.." I mumbled, yanking my iPhone from my pocket and texting Ian.

To: Ian
'Hey, wanna head to the store with me? I gotta pick up some things'

From: Ian
'What? Like condoms? Oh wait, you don't get shit with Willow 😂

To: Ian
'Fuck off. I'll pick you up in 15'

I sent the last message and walked towards the front door foot mat.

Sliding on my boat shoes, I was currently wearing black joggers an a grey T.

I didn't tell Will I was leaving, just figured she'd still be sleeping by the time I returned, so I grabbed my car keys off the hook and walked out the door.

Greeting the cold Canada breeze that would turn my cheeks pink.

....

"If someone sees two teenage boys grocery shopping together there gonna think were dating" Ian huffed, throwing a bag of BBQ chips in the cart.

I rolled my eyes, searching down the isle for cheezits and other junky snacks.

"No they won't. Where's the bacon"?

"Probably in the bacon isle" He laughed.

I shook my head at my idiot best friend.

Me and Ian had been friends sense I could walk, he was the stupidest, funniest kid I knew and even if he could be a bigger ass then me, he had a soft side.

Just took after me and chose not to show it too often.

"Yo! Shawny boiiii" I looked away from the bags of chips to see two boys walking towards us, waving with giant smiles.

Cody and Mike.

"Bro, what's up" We did a hand shake.

Cody and Mike were the drug kings.

They're the ones that threw the parties, or decided where to throw the parties (such as at my house every other day) and the ones who happened to be in jail the most times.

It was always fun with these two around, dangerous fun.

"How's that party life"? Mike hit my chest.

I shook my head, laughing a little.

"Ahhh... It's.." I hadn't 'partied' in a few days, or drank for that matter.

Or smoked.

"Fucking lame as hell. Shawn here's tied around a lady's finger" Ian piped in.

Of course he had to throw that in.

"Whhatt??? You fuckin her"? Cody raised an eye brow, his hands hidden in his khaki pockets.

"Yeah" I lied.

My stomach tightened.

I didn't want to lie about having sex with Willow, I hadn't lied with any of the other girls but she wouldn't understand.

I couldn't tell them no.

"Oh wait! Is it that Right chick?"

Chad spoke again.

Ian began to nod but I cut him off.

I couldn't let them know.

"Nah man, someone else" the words ran off my lips.

....

THANK YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH FOR 4K READS AND 300 FAVORITES!!! I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH AND I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH. KEEP VOTING AND READING 💝💝

TEASER: Willow finds out about Shawn's little lie after seeing it again for herself. What happens next? How will she take it?