Chapter seventy three

I could feel my lungs damper in my chest, taking a deep breath and turning away before I had to hear the voice of hers that would send shivers down my spine.

She had ruined everything

She couldn't fucking except the fact that I was happy with him, I was finally happy.

And as much as I wanted to blame it all on Amanda,

She wasn't the one who had dug a whole in my heart and cradled my ribs in their palms.

"Will wait," Ally tugged my shoulder as I had gotten a few feet away, frowning when she noticed my sunken face.

I was suppose to have fun tonight and now all I wanted to do was go back home.

"We don't have to talk to her, just please don't leave" She cupped her palm on my cheek and squeezed it gently.

I looked past her at Lyla and Amanda, they were chatting it up like nothing had even happened, like nothing had ever happened.

"I can't Al.. I can't be here.. With her," I just shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut.

It was all slowly flooding back, but I kept trying to push it away.

"Listen doll, we'll get off the peer, there's some Bon fire parties along the beach, what do you say"? She gave a small cheerful grin, hope beaming off her.

I swallowed hard, digging my nails into my palms.

I wanted so badly to run up to that bitch and rip her fake blonde hair out of her skull, but I didn't.

Because she wasn't the person I was really mad at.

"Fine.." I mumbled, resting my head on her shoulder as we slumply walked the way we came.

Al stopped and grabbed a few more shots for us, giggling like the flirt she was to every male we passed.

I didn't want to be here, now more then ever but if I left it would just give Amanda the upper hand and I couldn't let that happen.

I couldn't let her or anyone see how bad I was really hurting.

"You handled that really well ya know," she nudged my shoulder as we walked towards one of the Bon fires, a crowd of people with surfboards in their hands or a red solo cup, some girls, mostly boys.

"I couldn't look at her," I admitted, shaking my head.

"I would have punched that bitch in the nose if I were you, but hey, we're nothing alike" She laughed causing me to chuckle a little.

I couldn't believe Lyla was friends with her

"Trust me, I want too"

"Room for two more"? Al smirked at the tall blonde boy with black shades atop his head,  cup in his palms.

He looked up from the fire, raising his eye brows with a sly smile as he noticed us.

"Course there's room for two beautiful ladies,"

It was easy to tell he was buzzed, giggling while making eye contact with Ally's breast rather than her eyes.

I rolled my own, moving past the new love birds to a plop down on a piece of beach wood.

"You want one"? The boy next to me spoke, I nodded my head as he handed me my own drink.

Keeping my vision on the fire.

"I always find myself getting lost in the light, focusing myself on the fire"

His voice was deep but not too deep, it held a sense of calm, of safety.

I nodded once more, agreeing with his odd comment.

When you sink yourself in deep thought, your eyes stay in one place and whenever there was a fire around, that's where mine would fall.

"If I didn't agree with you, I'd say you were a weirdo"

We both laughed a little,

It felt good to laugh

"Ben by the way" He nudged my shoulder and for the first time sense we began this conversation only moments ago, I looked at him.

His jaw was cut perfectly straight, cheeks defined and eyes so dark it was hard to really see them.

I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol finally hitting me or his breath taking features but I placed my cold hand on his gentle pink cheek.

He had faint freckles in almost all the same places Shawn had them.

One eye lid slightly lower then the other and small yet plump lips.

"Um..." He mumbled

I quickly pulled my hand away and cleared my throat, a rush of embarrassment hitting me.

"I'm so sorry.."

My body shifted a little farther away, no longer looking at him.

They say you have seven twins in the world and my god this boy was one of Shawn's

"No, don't worry about it. Can I touch something of yours now"? He laughed,

I giggled, looking back at him from the side.

"It's just.. You look so much.."

I couldn't form the right words, I already looked like a bimbo and now I was stuttering like crazy.

"You look so much like someone I use to know" It finally slipped off my tongue and saying 'use to know' hurt more than I thought it would.

He, Ben, just searched my face, nodding, lips curled.

"I'm sorry.. You look pretty hurt" 

He patted my shoulder.

I shook my head and smiled

"Don't be sorry.. Honestly, it's a little refreshing"

"Well I'm glad. You wanna go for a walk down the water"?

He placed his half empty drink in the sand and rubbed his palms on his jeans before standing up.

I looked at his figure before me, towering tall just like Shawn

"Promise you won't kidnap me"?

I raised an eye brow as he took my hand and pulled me up swiftly.

"Oh.. Now, that's a tough one for me to promise"

He winked with a small laugh, i let my face fall straight, standing still with my toes in the sand.

"I'm kidding, what are you a preachers daughter"?

Now that's when I laughed.