Chapter fourty two

Before you read I really just wanted to say a huge thank you, I know when I starting this story I lagged updating bc I honestly didn't think it would go anywhere and then I decided to update a lot one night and it was like it just blew up. I adore writing for you guys and knowing you enjoy it just as much means tons. Thank you, keep reading ❤️
...

"I really can't come with you"? Shawn asked with concerned eyes, tracing lines across the palm of my sweaty hand.

"Shawn" I shook my head frustrated.

He'd asked me that same question sense we got out of the shower.

The last thing I was gonna let happen was Shawn into my house, my old house.

Whatever I should call it.

"Shawn can come with me so I can show him my toys"!!! Penelope smiled from the back seat, the opened window flowing her hair back.

The sun shining through the glass, perfect temperature out for Canada.

It almost made me want to keep driving, forever and ever.

Just me, Pen and Shawn.

"No" I replied. Glaring at him.

He shrugged with the smallest smirk.

"She said I could go, she makes the rules"

"She's five she does not make the rules" I hit him play fulling in the tummy, he clutched his shirt, pretending to be hurt.

"You need to make that up to me" He raised his eye brows, smirking wider this time.

I stuck out my tongue before turning my attention to the driveway we were pulling into.

The instant I saw the house, it was like a flood of emotions.

I wanted to love this place, it was the start of our family.

But then again, it was also the end of it.

"Are you gonna be okay"? He squeezed my hand. Pulling the car to a halt.

Dads vehicle was parked in the open garage, so he was home.

I nodded.

"If your not out in 10 minutes, I'm coming in. Deal"?

I nodded again.

Taking as much time as possible to pull the handle and open the door, letting me out.

Penelope kicked the back of my seat.

"C'mon Will"!

"I'm coming"

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and stepped onto the tar.

Staring towards the window as a man starred back at me.

And I swear, in that small moment.

He looked at me the way he used too.

When mom was alive.

When things were okay.

He didn't look angry or hateful.

He looked like my dad.

"Let's go P" She cupped her small hand around mine.

We slowly walked up the drive and onto the stairs.

We were just gonna say goodbye and get our things.

That's all.

"Daddy"? Penelope's voice rang through the quiet walls.

I closed the door behind us, wiping my sweating palms on my jeans.

"Penelope? Willow"? He entered the kitchen.

Purple bags under his eyes, dirty clothes and matted hair.

He wasn't drunk.

He wasn't drunk and I couldn't remember the last time I saw him sober.

"Hi daddy" P waved, avoiding the urge to hug him.

"Where have you been"? He asked, in a question form, not an angry command.

"I um..we.." I didn't know where to start or what to say in general.

Oh yeah, dad we ran away because I couldn't let my little sister grow up being raised by and abusive drunk dead beat dad?

"You ran away... I understand" He cleared his throat, staring down at the tile floor.

Why didn't he yell?

Or get mad?

"daddy we've been staying with Willows friend Shawn and he's so very nice. We wanted to say goodbye to you" He watched every word Penelope spoke.

There was no hate in him at this moment and I truly didn't understand why.

There was just sadness, pain and guilt.

"Go get some of your things" I patted her back, she nodded, rushing off upstairs.

"I'm gonna take her with me, I'll figure things out until I'm eighteen and I'll find a way to gain custody. You don't have to worry about anything, or whatever you do that consists of us." I was stern and straightforward.

Looking him dead in the eye.

I didn't want to be scared anymore.

I wasn't scared anymore.

"Okay, I understand Willow. I've been no father to you girls and I will not ask you to stay."

He nodded.

A fucking nod?

My cheeks were heating up.

Why was he acting this way?

"Stop that" I shook my head, angry.

"Stop what"? He raised an eye brow.

Looking truly confused.

"Stop acting like this, all nice? Your being this way because you don't want me to turn you in for fucking beating your children" my voice cracked, I instantly threw my hand over my mouth.

I wasn't gonna cry.

"Willow.. I.." His eyes welled.

I wanted to scream.

This wasn't fair, he couldn't act like this.

"You can't do that. You can't be this way the day were leaving." I shook my head back and fourth over an over again.

He walked towards me, trying to speak.

I backed up.

"I'm so sorry Willow. I'm so sorry"

The last thing I'd ever thought I see.

My dad cry.

He dropped, holding himself up by the island counter and balled.

Repeating 'I'm sorry' over and over and over again.

I shook my head.

I needed to leave.

We needed to leave.