Chapter seventy eight

We had driven back to Ally's parents camp, a wave of memories from that night flashed in my mind like a deck of cards.

It felt so surreal having him near me again, I know we weren't apart for very long but it's true when they say you're with someone and time flies and when you're without them a day feels like a year.

I had tried to tell myself each day I was without him that I was becoming a stronger women, I didn't need a man, I didn't need anyone who didn't need me and men haven't exactly been the strongest figures in my life so far but deep down I knew that I did need Shawn, and he needed me.

"You've been staying here"? He spoke up as I shut the ignition off and un clicked my seat belt.

Shawn never wore his seat belt.

"With Al yeah but she's not always here"

"So you stay here in a cabin in the woods all by yourself some nights"? He raised an eye brow which made me smile.

I missed that look.

"Yes I'm a big girl I can handle intruders, plus this isn't a horror movie"

I got out of the car as I spoke and he did too, I grabbed all the bloody bandages and rags from the back seat to take into the trash while Shawn headed straight for the front doors and straight to the freezer for ice.

His face was messed up even worse in the light.

I felt sick seeing him this way.

"You're always getting yourself hurt for me" I commented, standing behind him and resting my head on his shoulder while my arms rasped around his tight torso.

All I wanted to do was lay down and cuddle him all night, just be near him and wake up next to him again.

"I won't ever regret getting myself hurt for you will. Those guys were just pissing me off" His breathing got heavy again, I hugged him a little tighter and little longer.

"I love you"

"I love you, ready for bed"? He turned himself, towering over me.

I had to look up.

"I am" He kissed my forehead and turned to walk towards the room.

I kicked him in the butt while he walked away.

"Hey! Shit head"

I smirked, happy to have my Shawn back.