Chapter 11

"Jennie Ruby Jane Kim... Is it really her?"

An hour later, Lisa pulled over by the roadside of a not so busy road with traffic light behind them

An hour later, Lisa pulled over by the roadside of a not so busy road with traffic light behind them. They got down and walked to the scene of the accident five years ago.

"This is where the accident took place". Lisa said and pointed at the scene

Jennie looked at the scene strangely with no recollections at all and murmured "What was I doing here at that time of the night?"

"Jennie, you don't have to force yourself". Lisa said to her.

"Where did I come from? Did I run into your car?" Jennie asked finding everything strange.

"Yes, I was so drunk that night...Jennie, I'm sorry. This is all my fault". Lisa lied to her.

Jennie turned and hugged Lisa tightly as she spoke

Jennie turned and hugged Lisa tightly as she spoke. "No, this wasn't your fault. You saved me. I am alive because you didn't run away when it happened."

Jennie let go and held Lisa's hands and spoke. "Lisa, look at me, look at me Lisa".

Lisa looked at Jennie with guilt in her eyes.

"None of this was your fault. I didn't ask you to bring me here because I wanted to blame you. No, I just wanted to see the last place I was before the accident. Lisa, you are the one I am most grateful to. It must have been hard for you, but you saved me".

"You don't blame me?" Lisa asked her.

"No, why would I blame you?" Jennie shook her head.